According to statistics, a person spends 1.5 years of life in the bathroom. Excessive moisture contributes to the development of all kinds of bacteria and fungi. Therefore, regular bathroom cleaning is essential for health and wellness. To maintain the whiteness of plumbing, a few hours a week are enough. Using popular methods will help save not only time but also money.
Cleaning acrylic bath from yellowness and rust
Regular washing prolongs the life of the bath. Acrylic coating requires less maintenance than other materials. Removal of dirt should be carried out every 2 weeks. It is unacceptable to use powders and household chemicals, which include abrasives, because they damage the outer layer and leave cracks.
- To prevent the appearance of yellow spots on the product will help continuous cleaning after using the bath. Rinse the surface with hot water, sponge with soap. After 5 minutes, wash off the remnants of foam, and then wipe with a dry cloth. The method will help to permanently protect the surface from rust.
- Acrylic surfaces are advised to wash with citric acid and vinegar. Fill the bath with whole warm water, add 1.5 liters of vinegar (9% solution) and 100 g of citric acid. This product has a natural origin and is actively used in the food industry. Stir the liquid gently and do not rinse for 12 hours. After that, pour out the water and thoroughly wipe the bath.
In addition, it is necessary to carry out disinfection 1 time per month:
- Fill half of the bath with warm water. The rest of the surface is washed when rinsing.
- Pour chlorine-containing agent: prepared liquid with a spray from the store or a separate solution for disinfection (chloramine).
- Leave on for 10 minutes and then rinse several times.
- Wipe dry with a cloth.
After applying the cleaning products, you need to air the room for an hour and thoroughly rinse the surface with water.
In the people's councils apply non-standard methods of cleaning the bath. There is no need to buy expensive chemicals, since they use freely available ingredients.
- Baking soda. From the yellowed spots on the coating of the bath will help baking soda. It is necessary to pour a thin layer on the problem area, wait 10 minutes. Then rinse with a stream of water.
- Borax and lemon juice. Traces of rust are removed with a mixture of borax and lemon juice. It will take 5 g of borax and 100 g of lemon juice. Leave on for 25 minutes, then rinse with water.
- Vinegar and salt. Heat 100 ml of vinegar in a water bath, then mix it with coarse salt (2 tbsp. L) and rub the dirt. After 10 minutes, wash off.
- Salt and turpentine. To clean the bath is a mixture of salt and turpentine. Apply mass to the surface and wipe off stains.
Folk councils recommend soda and vinegar as a means of cleaning from any contamination. However, this method is not suitable for enamel baths. Even a small amount of acid can ruin the coating and cause cracks.
Soda ash will help get rid of old stains. First you need to rinse the bath. Next, pour soda ash and wait 2 hours. Then thoroughly wash the bath with warm water.
All of the above cleaning methods are suitable for steel and cast iron baths. If household methods did not produce results, then you should use ready-made household chemicals.
☞ Video tips
Manufacturers of household chemicals offer gels, liquid solutions and powdered compounds for cleaning baths. Choosing a tool, you should carefully study the instructions for use. Acrylic surface will deteriorate from alkali, and steel and cast-iron plumbing, on the contrary - will become snow-white.
Three of the most effective and popular bath products in 2016:
- Cilit Bang (Silit Beng) is a versatile assistant that can cope with patina and rust.
- Bugs acrilan - a special tool for acrylic baths and showers.
- Frosch (Frosch) bath and shower - an environmentally friendly tool for natural acids. Suitable for enamel and acrylic coatings.
Before buying household chemicals you should avoid the following markings:
|If it gets on the skin, it causes redness and itching.||Composed of toxic substances||Contains acids and alkalis. Work only in rubber gloves||Dangerous for the environment.|
If, however, this icon is on the selected package, then extreme caution should be exercised.
☞ Video recipes
How to clean an old cast-iron bath
A common problem for the owners of cast iron baths is damage to the product by rust. To remove contaminants, you will need acetic essence:
- Fill the bath with hot water, add 200 ml of vinegar essence (70%). Mix well and leave for 4 hours. Then flush and rinse the shower.
- If the plumbing is in a neglected state, then this method will not remove everything the first time: several applications will be required.
Rust on the cast-iron coating should not be rubbed with sandpaper or metal brushes. This will finally ruin the enamel, and pollution will appear even more often.
☞ Video plot
The best way to remove limescale in the bathroom
To remove the limescale, you can use folk remedies or choose the appropriate composition of the store. An indispensable condition is the absence of hydrochloric acid, oxalic acid, alkali and formaldehyde. Otherwise, enamel cannot be restored.
Folk methods from limescale:
- Dissolve ammonia in a container with water and leave for 10 minutes on the surface. After draining the water and rinse the bath.
- Lemon juice to cope with the bloom. It is necessary to apply for 10 minutes and then rinse with water.
- Mustard powder or dry mustard not only removes impurities, but also disinfects.
To maintain whiteness, the bath is rubbed with a cloth dipped in vinegar. Instead of cloth, you can use paper napkins. They are left for 2 hours in the bath and then washed off with water.
- The main cause of damage to the surface of the bath - this is the wrong choice of cleaning products. You should always carefully study the instructions for use.
- Do not allow the appearance of puddles after draining the bathroom. In this case, the water is removed with towels or other absorbent cloth.
- To prevent the occurrence of mold and fungi, it is necessary to regularly disinfect the coating.
- There is no need to pour water into the bath after washing the floor, residues of detergents and powders. And if this happens, you should immediately rinse with water and wipe dry.
Thanks to popular advice, you can clean the bath with any coating at home. It will take a little time and effort. Then the bath will shine clean.