Everyone is familiar with the situation when guests unexpectedly come to the house. Many people start to panic: it's empty in the fridge, but no time to go to the store. As always, savvy and simple recipes come to the rescue. Their main advantage - the ingredients are in every home. One of these recipes is baked potatoes with bacon. Cooking does not take much time, the dish turns out delicious, and the necessary products are always at hand.
How to bake crispy potatoes with bacon
Making potatoes soft inside and crispy on the outside is quite difficult - it often crumbles or becomes viscous. To avoid this, for roasting, choose root crops with an average starch content, for example, white varieties have a dense structure, so ideally suitable for baking.
- Potatoes - 1 kg;
- Bacon - 200 g;
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Peel the potatoes and rinse with water. Cut each tuber across 3–4 mm thick slices, not reaching an edge of 7–10 mm.
- Bacon cut into thin slices to match the diameter of the potato. Sprinkle each piece of meat with spices and salt, place in the slots on the tubers.
- Smear a baking sheet with sunflower or olive oil and place the potatoes.
- Send the dish to an oven preheated to 180 - 200 ° C for 40 - 50 minutes.
TIP! Some mistresses bake potatoes with bacon on a wire rack. In this case, the crust will be more crisp and crisp.
Baked Potatoes with Fat and Garlic in Foil
Thanks to the foil obtained tender crumbly potatoes, and garlic gives a special piquancy. The dish is prepared not only in the oven, but also on the coals, which means that the recipe is a real magic wand if you decide to go for a holiday in nature.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Carefully wash the potatoes, put on a dry napkin to get rid of excess moisture, cut in half.
- Remove excess salt from the salt and slice into 3-5 mm thick slices. Many housewives are advised to take bacon with bacon.
- Peel and chop the garlic. Put some salt in a separate plate.
- Dip one half of the potatoes in salt, rub the garlic in the other, and put a piece of bacon between them. Wrap the resulting "sandwich" in two layers of foil and put on a baking sheet.
- Place in an oven preheated to 180 ° C. Bake until ready 40 to 50 minutes.
- To learn about the readiness of the dish, pierce a toothpick with a potato. If she comes in easily, then it’s time to serve.
- For cooking, choose potatoes of the same size and shape. Make sure that the tubers are not sprouts and green areas that may affect the taste of the dish.
- Salo take soft and fresh. We recommend removing the skin so that it does not become stiff when baking.
- If you like salted bacon, do not forget to clean it from excess salt.
- To prevent the fat from crawling during cooking, fix it with a toothpick. This will give the dish and an additional aesthetic appearance - the potatoes will look like ships.
- If you want to get juicy pieces of bacon, put them on the tubers in the middle of the roasting process (after 20-30 minutes from the beginning).
- Serve hot, so do not cook for future use. One person eats about 3 - 4 potatoes.
As you have noticed, cooking potatoes with bacon in the oven does not cause troubles and does not take a lot of time from the hostess, and the excellent taste and satiety will appeal to all household members. Potatoes with bacon in the oven - an excellent side dish for fish or meat dishes, serve salads, pickles or sauerkraut. Enjoy your meal!