Many parents are looking for kids fascinating activity that will serve as good fun and benefit. And among the available variety - modeling of clay in the home is far from the last place.
Step-by-step recipes homemade clay
At home, the material is made from food from the kitchen: vegetable oil, flour, salt, starch, citric acid and food coloring. If you need an unusual texture, add glycerin, sodium tetraborate, foam balls and even glitter, as for lizun.
Thanks to the efforts of enthusiasts and experimenters, many types of homemade clay appeared. Some recipes are based on cold cooking technology, others are based on heat treatment.
In any case, homemade plasticine is an elastic mass, which in its structure and properties resembles dough. Therefore, consider the recipe, which is popularly called "salted".
- Water - 1 cup;
- Flour - 1 cup;
- Finely ground salt - 0.5 cups;
- Lemon juice - 2 tablespoons;
- Vegetable oil - 2 tablespoons;
- Food colorings.
- Squeeze lemon juice into a glass, add water, mix.
- Add salt to the flour. Put the mixture in a griddle or saucepan with a thickened day.
- Pour in vegetable oil, add lemon water and a little dye, mix.
- Hold the mass on the stove for about 5 minutes until solid. Remove from heat, cool and knead thoroughly. Material for modeling is ready.
As you can see, homemade clay is done quickly and effortlessly. Even if the child, despite the unpleasant taste, swallows a piece of such material, there will be no poisoning.
Similar mass characteristics are made in the microwave. It differs from the first option only in the materials used and their quantity.
- Water - 2 cups;
- Flour - 2 cups;
- Salt - 1 cup;
- Vegetable oil - 1 tablespoon;
- Tartar - 1 tablespoon;
- In the container for the microwave oven, add all the listed ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Send the container with the elastic mass to the microwave, set the timer for 5 minutes and turn on the device.
- When the time has elapsed, remove the blank from the microwave, cool, knead well and form a ball.
If your child is bored, make homemade clay and immerse yourself in the atmosphere of creating interesting shapes. This occupation will bring a lot of pleasure and will leave unforgettable impressions.
How to make smart clay
Smart plasticine or hendgam is a fascinating toy that takes any shape in dexterous hands. A feature of the material is the ability to change the consistency depending on the effort. Even if you divide a small amount into several parts, assembling the pieces into a coherent whole is not difficult. The undeniable advantage is that it does not stain hands, clothing and furniture, because children work with the material.
Sold such a "miracle" in toy stores. Some craftsmen make smart clay on their own, using the ingredients from the first-aid kit that are purchased from the office or at the hardware store. How to make such an unusual thing?
The classic recipe for smart clay
- PVA glue;
- Sodium tetraborate;
- Food coloring.
- Squeeze out a tube of PVA glue into the container, add a dye. The saturation of the shade of smart clay depends on the amount of this substance. Mix the composition until a homogeneous mass without streaks and lumps.
- In the resulting mixture, gradually introduce sodium tetraborate. Notice (!), The composition thickens. Add powder until you get the desired consistency.
- Put the finished material into the bag and knead well. The result is a soft and elastic mass.
This method of making smart clay is very popular, but not every caring mom will give the child a toy whose components do not meet the standards of safety and cleanliness. Therefore, I suggest the second option.
Recipe safe smart plasticine
Alternative formulation does not include the use of hazardous components and materials.
- Food gelatin;
- In an aluminum pan, pour 150 ml of water, put the container on the stove, turn on the fire. After boiling, add a sachet of gelatin to the liquid.
- Constantly stir the contents. When the viscosity of the composition increases, reduce the heat and boil for 5 minutes. Remove the pan from the stove, cool the gelatinous base and pour into a plastic container.
- Boil another 100 ml of water in an aluminum pot and add a few balls made from purchased plasticine. As soon as the "store brother" melts, wait for cooling and combine both. Add some brilliant green and mix thoroughly.
- It will only be necessary to place the mass in a bag and knead it well with your hands. An exciting toy is ready for use in children's creativity.
TIP! If you want your homemade plastic clay shimmered in the sun, add a little bit of multi-colored sparkles to the composition.
What can be made of plasticine
Sculpting is a favorite child activity. But if it is easy for kindergarten students and schoolchildren, the youngest children have difficulties. The primary task of parents is to acquaint children with clay. And the following tips will help.
- For classes suitable soft material. With a plastic mass of children's fingers will cope without problems.
- At the initial stage, teach your child to pinch off small pieces. From each such billet make grass or a raindrop.
- To baby felt the material, learn to knead it. Let it separate small pieces and connect to form a larger ball.
- Rolling is one of the fundamental techniques. It helps to create balls, sausages and flagella, from which excellent caterpillars or snowmen are obtained.
- Flattening Kids love this technique. It helps in creating ears for the plasticine animal. Still, this technique is suitable for sculpting the roof for a house or textured background.
After mastering the listed techniques, proceed to the formation of complex shapes and compositions. We are talking about New Year crafts, holiday gifts and all sorts of decorations. The category of objects includes fairy characters.
Consider the instructions for creating Nolik - the main character of the animated film "Fixies". For work you need a few bars of plasticine blue, white and blue flowers.
- From the blue mass blind roundish blank for the head. Gently make an eye area, then squeeze out the holes with the tip of a match.
- Insert the white balls into the recesses, attach the pupils, stick the eyelids. Using the stack, shape the nose and mouth.
- Put a thick flat cake on the head of Nolik. Trimming and pulling plasticine around the edges, form a hairstyle. With the help of blue pieces to shape the top.
- Make a sausage from blue plasticine. Bend the resulting element in half. These are legs. Attach to them contrast cakes, which will serve as shoes. Decorate your shoes with white threads.
- From a round ball of blue color, make an elongated body. Insert a match into the body, attach the legs, head and arms to it. Make a white emblem from a white drop.
HINT! To make the animated hero realistic, use his photo as a guide. It will help make the figure more detailed.
In the final part I will share recommendations on the storage of homemade clay. It will last longer if you follow simple rules.
- Store the mass in the refrigerator, pre-placed in a container with a tight-fitting lid.
- Will fit and a plastic bag.
- For the content of multi-colored plates, use a container with partitions or small jars of paint. This will preserve the color and texture of the material.
Homemade clay - a godsend for the mother, who cares about the welfare of the child. Despite its simplicity, it is suitable for modeling, development and everyday play. So sculpt and let the lesson bring a lot of joy and benefit.