The number of lovers of sweets around the world is growing every year. Store shelves are full of a variety of confectionery, but it is often so difficult to understand what lies behind these shiny labels in the composition of so-called sweets. In order not to worry and not to guess, you can make chocolate at home from natural ingredients.
Calorie homemade chocolate
Calorie content does not exceed the limits of the allowable daily rate, and contributes to the proper maintenance of the body's energy.
In% of the daily norm **:
- Proteins: 10.95 g - 16%;
- Fats: 25.61 g - 34%;
- Carbohydrates: 30.65 g - 11%.
Total: 350.30 kcal per 100 grams and 1466 kJ - 17%.
* Calculated average based on data from various sources.
** The value is based on a diet based on 2000 kcal / day.
General principles of cooking
Remember, the guarantee of any tasty dish is high-quality and fresh products. The most important components of any chocolate: cocoa powder, butter, sugar (can be replaced with honey) and various components of the filling for every taste. By purchasing low-quality raw materials in small quantities, not respecting the proportions of the recipe, you may be disappointed in the result, having received a product of poor quality.
Cooking chocolate at home, do not forget: dessert is afraid of high temperatures. The maximum allowable comfort cooking temperature is 33 degrees Celsius. If the kitchen does not have a special thermometer, do not worry, you can measure the temperature by dripping a bit of the mixture on the back of your hand. If you feel an unpleasant sensation, like a burn, most likely the temperature is too high.
Experienced chocolatier advised not to cook chocolate on an open fire. The most advantageous device for preparing a chocolate mixture is a double boiler or a water bath.
Do not overestimate your capabilities: do not try to make chocolate on a large scale, as if your kitchen is an industrial production or a confectionery factory. Start small, this expression is as good as possible relating to the initial stage of cooking a home product.
Classic Milk Chocolate Recipe
Armed with the basic rules of cooking, feel free to proceed to cooking.
It is easy to find the right ingredients for a recipe, they are all presented in a wide range in any grocery store.
- Cocoa beans (grated) - 100 g;
- Cocoa butter - 50 g;
- Condensed milk - 3 - 4 tsp;
- Powdered milk (if you want more milk chocolate) - 1 - 2 tsp;
- For the filling: raisins, nuts, candied fruits.
Tip! To reduce cooking time, use cocoa mass and pre-crush cocoa butter into small pieces.
- Spread cocoa products in a cup for the microwave oven and heat it at a maximum power of 2 - 4 minutes. If the microwave oven is not powerful enough, increase the time. If there is no microwave oven, use the water bath and heat the cocoa ingredients over low heat.
- Enter a few teaspoons of condensed milk (depending on how you like, you can increase the dose) and add powdered milk. In the classic chocolate recipe, the cocoa bean content is at least 31%, and the most important feature is the addition of sugar, not sugar, but sugar.
- At the minimum speed of the mixer, beat the mixture, gradually increasing the speed, moving to the maximum. Since the future chocolate is rather fatty in consistency, so that the layers do not exfoliate, whip long and carefully, about 10 minutes.
- If the initially whipped product resembled icing, and then it becomes more and more thick, then you are doing everything correctly. At the climax, he will resemble the dough, as if sticking to the whisk.
- Add your favorite fillers as a filling (nuts, raisins, coconut, candied fruits, wafer crumbs), mix slowly, you can simply spoon, without using a mixer.
The dish is ready for the final stage of cooking. Pour the resulting contents into forms, then shake gently to seal the raw materials, and refrigerate for 2 - 2.5 hours. Delicious classic milk chocolate is ready to eat.
Bitter belgian chocolate
I bring to your attention the recipe of bitter Belgian chocolate without cocoa butter, which is suitable for true connoisseurs of taste.
- 100 g of cocoa powder;
- About 50 g of butter;
- A teaspoon of sugar.
- Chop butter into small pieces in a water bath or low heat, then add sugar and cocoa. The mixture of consistency resembles sour cream, which means you are on the right track.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, stirring all the time, cook for some time.
- After allowing to cool slightly, pour into the mold and cool in the refrigerator for 2.5 - 3 hours.
Delicious bitter Belgian chocolate is ready.
Vanilla chocolate with nuts and dried fruit
Let's take as a basis the already well-known classic recipe and make vanilla chocolate with the addition of dried fruits and nuts, so loved by everyone since childhood.
- Cocoa powder - 4 tablespoons;
- Fresh whole milk - 100 milliliters;
- Butter - 125 grams;
- Granulated sugar - 1 glass;
- Raisins, dried fruits and walnuts - 40 - 50 grams;
- Vanillin - 0.5 tsp.
- We heat up the milk on a barely noticeable fire in the water bath. Gradually add vanilla and sugar, while necessarily stirring to completely dissolve the ingredients.
- On the other burner (you can on the other water bath) melt the butter and add to the first mixture.
- Pour the cocoa powder into the combined mixture, stirring non-stop, to prevent the formation of lumps.
- For 30 minutes, keep the resulting product on low heat in a water bath.
- Add the chopped filling to the chocolate mixture, stirring until smooth.
- Pour into forms and place in the refrigerator for 2 hours, until fully frozen.
Wonderful vanilla chocolate with nuts and dried fruit is ready, enjoy your meal!
How to make hot chocolate
In the modern world it is impossible to imagine a cafe or a restaurant without hot chocolate on the menu. Charmingly fragrant and deliciously warming, it is an indispensable tool in creating a romantic atmosphere. Guided by the already acquired skills, we will prepare this amazing drink at home.
Important! Hot chocolate should be prepared only on the basis of milk. In no case should not be confused with cocoa, made from cocoa beans.
- A bar of dark chocolate (without additives) - 100 grams;
- Milk - 800 ml;
- Water - 3 tablespoons;
- Sugar - to taste;
- Whipped cream (optional).
Important! The product does not tolerate high temperatures, so the resulting mixture does not boil.
- Smash up the broken chocolate into small pieces by adding water, in a microwave or on gas on a barely visible fire.
- Preheat the milk, pour in the melted tile, add sugar if desired, and shake well to obtain a uniform consistency in color.
Hot chocolate, self-cooked in the home kitchen, is ready. You can add whipped cream, it will give a great flavor to the flavor.
On the basis of the information received, we will summarize some of the tricks to be remembered for achieving an excellent result.
- The amount of cocoa in chocolate depends not only on how bitter it will be, but also on its hardness.
- If you use flour during cooking, and the dessert cannot freeze in the fridge, add it more.
- If you want to get not only delicious, but also healthy chocolate, replace plain white sugar with brown cane. Its composition is rich in minerals and macro and micro elements useful for the body.
- If you need a harder chocolate, cool it in the freezer, not in the refrigerator.
- Experienced chocolatiers advise not to replace milk with water, even if such action is dictated by the recipe. From this dish will be less tasty and nutritious.
- By adding the filling in layers, alternately, prevent it from flowing.
- Chocolate products are better extracted from silicone molds.
In the world of a diverse range of different confectionery products, it is difficult to remain independent. Consumption of chocolate is increasing every year. High demand pushes manufacturers to increase production in order to get more profit, saving on the quality of the final product. In the era of chemical additives and taste substitutes, real gourmets, and just chocolate lovers, can only make their own at home.
In the article I introduced you to the main and most important tricks of cooking. Having mastered them, you can easily and special expenses pamper yourself and your loved ones not only with a delicious dessert, but also with a variety of its types.
The main thing is that chocolate is obtained absolutely natural, without dyes and additives, not causing allergies and with low sugar content. It is safe to give to children, and there will be no more tantrums in the store at the stalls with sweets.