Cutlery made of various metals tend to lose their original luster. They darken and look untidy. Therefore, they are better not to serve the table, especially for guests.
How to clean stainless steel cutlery
Stainless steel appliances are considered reliable and durable, so many use them. They are resistant to corrosion, but are not protected from dark scurf that appears over time due to untimely cleaning. The use of hard water when washing dishes leads to fading of color. You can get rid of these problems. There are several ways to clean stainless steel spoons and forks.
Soda with salt
In addition to the main components, you need to prepare two containers and food foil. Stages of cleaning from pollution:
- Take the container, lay the bottom of the foil, so that the glossy side was at the top.
- In the second container pour 1 liter of hot water and add 1 tbsp. l baking soda and salt.
- Pour the obtained liquid into the first container, put products into it, boil for about 15 minutes.
- After boiling, cool the liquid to room temperature.
- Remove all items, rinse under water and dry.
The method is suitable for light bloom. It is advisable to choose a paste-gel without any particles. Stages of cleaning off the raid:
- Pour hot water into the container and put instruments in it.
- Take a soft brush, apply paste on it, clean the products, taking them one by one.
- After cleaning, rinse and wipe.
Soda will easily cope with a dark touch.
- Mix soda with warm water in the ratio 3: 1 (3 parts soda to 1 part water). The mixture should be thick.
- Apply the mixture onto a sponge and then proceed with cleaning. To clean the surface to the disappearance of plaque and dirt.
- Rinse and wipe items.
With the help of table vinegar, you can get rid of the dark bloom, and return shine to the devices. Applying the method, you must wear rubber gloves.
- Moisten a small piece of cloth with vinegar.
- Wipe dirty surfaces, leave for half an hour.
- Wash off the vinegar with plenty of water, wipe dry.
If there are many devices, they can be soaked in acetic solution for 15 minutes. After that, rinse well and wipe.
Dry mustard with soda
Mustard powder and soda will help to cope with the chronic bloom and stubborn dirt. Cleaning steps:
- In the warm water pour the same amount of mustard and soda, and mix.
- Put the devices in the resulting liquid and wait 15 minutes.
- To wash all products with water, wipe dry with a clean cloth.
For better results, you can use a toothbrush, and clean the product after they lie in the solution.
For this method will need a decoction of potatoes. It will bring back the former gloss to dim cutlery.
- Appliances placed in a potato broth, and leave for half an hour.
- Rinse the spoons and forks in the broth.
- Rinse with water and dry.
You can use raw potatoes. It needs to be cut, and rub it with a metal surface, then rinse and wipe the product.
Lemon juice will clear darkened cutlery.
- Moisten a piece of cloth with lemon juice, wipe contaminated areas.
- To wipe the devices with a rag of wool fabric until shine appears.
Ash will help remove various types of dirt.
- Pour ash on a piece of cloth and carefully clean the surface of the products.
- Rinse them and rub dry.
Using ash in combination with vegetable oil will help get rid of rust. However, rust is rarely produced on stainless steel appliances.
How to clean silver cutlery
For cleaning tableware of silver used various tools, including those that are applicable to stainless steel appliances. Only technology changes.
If the devices need to be cleaned in a short time, for example, before the arrival of guests, they should be wiped with a cloth dipped in liquid ammonia. Then rinse and dry. But the standard cleaning scheme is as follows:
- In a container, mix water and sal ammoniac in a ratio of 10: 1 (10 parts of water to 1 part of ammonia).
- Put the devices in the solution and leave for a few hours.
- Rinse with water and towel dry.
After cleaning with citric acid, devices will restore the former gloss.
- Mix 1 liter of warm water with citric acid (1 bag), put contaminated products there and wait about 15 minutes.
- Rinse under running water, wipe with a clean towel.
Carbonated drink and soda
The method will help remove plaque from silver devices.
- In 0.4 l. Coca-Cola or another carbonated drink add 1 tsp. soda
- Put spoons and forks in the resulting liquid, and pour a small amount of boiling water there.
- Wait about 15 minutes.
- Remove the equipment and rinse with water.
Soda cleaning is applied to appliances with a smooth surface. If the product has a pattern, then soda is unlikely to be able to penetrate into the depth of the image.
- Apply a little soda on the sponge.
- Clean the surface.
Extra-grade salt will remove fat, bloom and grime from silver.
- In 1 liter of hot water dissolve 1 tbsp. l salt.
- Apply a little salt to the sponge and clean the products with it.
- Put peeled spoons and forks into the solution and leave for a few hours.
- Wash off the salt well and wipe the product.
Chalk and ammonia
This method is suitable for cleaning products not only with a smooth surface, but also for products with a pattern. Chalk and ammonia will not leave damage to the surface.
- In a bowl, grind chalk to a powder.
- In powder pour ammonia. It should make gruel.
- Clean contaminated surfaces with a soft cloth.
- Rinse and dry the instruments.
Specialized household chemicals
Hardware stores sell special tools for cleaning silver spoons and forks. Before using them, you must read the instructions and adhere to the recommendations of the manufacturer.
- After using spoons and forks, they should be thoroughly cleaned. Moisture can contribute to the formation of dark scurf.
- To keep the devices clean for a long time and not to lose their shine, it is recommended to store them in foil.
- Periodically, you need to use special tools for the care of dishes made of silver and stainless steel. This will allow the instrument to remain clean and shiny longer.
There is nothing difficult in the procedure for cleaning cutlery at home. The main thing is to find the time and desire. To provide care for kitchen utensils do not need to spend money, because the tools used for home cleaning, are available in every home.