In many countries of the world, paper documents are replaced by electronic media. This international trend interested the Russian government, whose representatives made a number of proposals to replace the usual passports.
What is an electronic passport
The identity card offered by the government is a plastic card document. Information about the owner is presented in electronic and visual format. Some data is encrypted and becomes available when scanning the chip.
On the front of the card is personal information about the owner.
- FULL NAME.;
- Place and date of birth;
- Date of issue and validity of the document;
- ID number.
The left side is a color image. On the right there is a second photo of a smaller size, made by laser engraving. Both images have a multi-layered structure and effectively protect the document from forgery.
On the reverse side is an electronic photograph and document number. Additionally, here is the supporting information:
- Code of the authority that issued the document;
- Information about the guardians of children under the age of 14 years.
The main difference between an electronic passport and a paper carrier is a machine-readable entry consisting of letters and numbers. It is her identity.
At the request of the owner, when drawing up the document, they will indicate the TIN and the SNILS on the reverse side, and other information will be added to the chip: blood group, insurance number, bank account.
When will start issuing
Mass launch was postponed to March 2018.
The Russian government approved the draft law on the introduction of electronic passports as early as 2013, but for various reasons, the deadline for trial issuance was repeatedly postponed. The technical ability to implement the project came to life after 4 years.
During the preparatory stage, officials faced several obstacles to the cherished goal, and the attitude of the Russians to change was ambiguous.
The government is addressing psychological and technical issues, compiling common registries.
Pros and cons of e-passport
In the near future, the Russians will feel the delights of progress and take part in the informatization of society. This is about introducing electronic passports into circulation. This news is discussed and in the course of numerous discussions it was possible to determine the positive and negative aspects of the document.
- Compactness. In size, which corresponds to the international standard, the electronic passport is no different from a business card or a bank card. So a new document can easily fit even in a wallet.
- Durability. Unlike a regular passport, an electronic one is characterized by increased resistance to mechanical damage and moisture.
- Multifunctional. The new certificate will combine official information from several departments and, if necessary, can be used as a badge.
- Easy fake. For the manufacture of linden paper passport requires complex printing equipment and special paper. Making a plastic card in artisanal conditions is easier. Yes, and with the introduction of biometric information in a fake document, a skilled hacker will have no problems.
- The frequency of replacement. According to the current legislation, the replacement of a paper identity card is carried out at the age of 20 and 45. "Shelf life" of the novelty is 10 years.
- The size. One of the advantages of an e-passport at the same time is its disadvantage. Due to its size, losing such a document is much easier.
Progress does not stand still, and a massive replacement of passports is sure to take place in the near future. Well, the Russians can only hope that by that moment the government will take all the necessary measures to make the new document secure.
What does the church say
At this point, every citizen of the Russian Federation had an opinion regarding the launch of electronic passports, and the clergy are no exception. This is good, because the opinion of religion is respected by many. What does the church think?
Some Christian believers associate the issuance of e-passports with the seal of the antichrist. They associate a barcode with it, which, when taking a digital image, is laser-applied to the photo on the forehead.
Other priests claim that an electronic passport will make a person extremely vulnerable. The chip, which is equipped with a new document, will become a repository of all important information about the owner. We are talking about shopping, traveling, business and other areas of activity. And all this information will be available to a person who has access to the registry. As a result, every Russian will experience the charm of total control.
How to refuse an electronic passport
Citizens of the Russian Federation are interested in the question of the obligation to replace the document. The procedure is voluntary. Getting a passport of a new sample is a matter of convenience, because it is more convenient to store information on one carrier than to handle a bunch of papers.
Electronic passports in Russia will come into effect in the spring of 2018. The next 7 years, new documents will be in circulation, along with paper counterparts.
For issuing an electronic certificate will have to pay a fee, the amount of which has not yet been determined. To obtain a document, it is enough to apply to the passport office and write an application. Soon it will be possible to fill out documents online, on the portal "GosSlugi".
Summarize. Modern humanity is increasingly immersed in the world of electronics and computer technology. With this in mind, the desire of the government to keep up with the times deserves respect. It is only important to prepare the people for such changes and take care of the safety of citizens.
As for total control, as for me, these are only fear responses, since technical progress has not reached our level yet. Good luck!