Are the coats on the sheepskin spoiled the mood? Do not worry, there are many options for cleaning outerwear at home. I will tell you how, using inexpensive, affordable means, to clean the suede and leather sheepskin coat from dirt, yellowness, grease and other contaminants.
If the suede sheepskin coat is very dirty, do a wet cleaning. To do this, hold the problem area over the steam bath, then comb the pile with a brush. And then evaluate the condition of the spot.
- If there is a smudged stain, take a piece of burlap, pour with kerosene or gasoline, then wipe the problem area.
- Take ammonia and combine with water. The ratio is 1: 4. We wipe the solution with impurities, then treat with a solution of water and vinegar. Preparation of the solution: in 500 ml of water add a tablespoon of vinegar.
Remember! These methods are suitable only for things of dark color.
Features of cleaning light and white sheepskin coat
For cleaning light and white products there are several proven methods.
- Hydrogen peroxide. Will help get rid of yellow spots. Mix one tablespoon of water with a teaspoon of peroxide. The resulting liquid to process the stain.
- Starch or Talc. Copes well with fat stains. Bulk product abundantly sprinkle the stain, wait until it "draws in" fat. If necessary, the powder is changed.
- Soda and milk. Take one teaspoon of soda and mix with a glass of preheated milk. We moisten a napkin with this liquid and pass through all polluted areas.
Tip! After cleaning, we treat all problem areas with vinegar.
How to clean sheepskin coat from genuine leather
It is easier to care for leather goods, but certain skills will be required.
Important! Before using any tool, test it on a small area of clothing.
Will cope with various pollution. Apply the grits on the surface and rub with a hand, after a while (3-5 minutes), the semolina will absorb the fat from the surface. Next, remove the cereal from the clothes with a special brush.
Spread outerwear on a flat surface, sprinkle with starch and rub. After a few minutes, clean the mixture with a brush.
Tip! For better effect, mix the starch with semolina. The ratio is 1: 1. In this way, you can get rid of stains on both dark and light things.
If the pollution on the sheepskin coat is low-fat, they can be removed with ordinary rubber. Dampen it in kerosene and rub the polluted areas.
Kerosene and gasoline
In this way, you can even get rid of old stains. Hang a sheepskin coat on hangers. With a cotton pad moistened with liquid, rub the soiled areas. The procedure can be repeated several times.
Tooth powder and ammonia
Mix ammonia with tooth powder. We clean the thing with a brush. We treat problem areas with a compound, and after a few minutes we repeat brushing.
With salt, you can get rid of non-greasy stains. Use it in the same way as semolina, but rub it with care.
Any tough fabric will do. It must be moistened with gasoline and used as a brush.
Tip! Gasoline can be replaced with ammonia.
How to clean an artificial sheepskin coat
- Shampoo. Add some shampoo to the heated water. Spread the sheepskin coat and spread it on the surface. Moisten a cloth in a soapy solution and wipe the soiled area. Napkin should be microfiber. Wash off the foam with water and dry the item.
- Talc and starch. Talc or potato starch will help get rid of fat stains. Sprinkle the stain with a thick layer of the selected product, and leave for 2-3 hours. Clean the powder with a brush.
- Ammonia and soap solution. Another way to get rid of greasy stains. Add some ammonia to the soap solution. Moisten a cotton pad in the solution and treat problem areas. Remove residues with a damp sponge and dry the item.
- Ammonia, borax and glycerin. Stubborn stains will help remove such a solution: equal parts of ammonia and glycerin, add borax to 1 tsp and 0.5 l of water. Mix everything. The wadded disk moistened in solution, wipe the polluted place.
General care guidelines
- If you had the imprudence to wet the sheepskin coat, blot it with a paper napkin, not rubbing the skin. After the procedure, hang on hangers and dry. When the product dries, knead it with your hands.
- Dry expensive items at room temperature, away from heaters. Do not hang among the rest of the clothes. This will prevent the spread of damp in the cabinet.
- If the sheepskin is faded, it can be ironed with an iron through a dry cotton cloth. On the iron set the average temperature mode.
- To disguise stains or scuffs, use special coloring agents.
- Pockets, bottom, elbow bends are the most vulnerable places of a sheepskin coat, so you should handle them very carefully: do not keep hands in pockets all the time, do not carry a bag on your elbow or shoulder.
- Before sitting down in public transport, undo the bottom button and lift the hem higher. Thanks to this sheepskin will not stretch and wrinkle.
That's all the rules you need to know before buying a sheepskin coat. I hope they will be useful to you.