Jackets refer to comfortable, practical clothing, but even with a neat worn soils can appear. Improper washing or inept removal of pollution, contribute to the appearance of stains, lint rolling and loss of shape. There are several options for safe cleaning products at home. Having become acquainted with them, it will be possible to easily remove difficult and old stains.
Effective folk methods without washing and divorce
There are popular ways to clean a down jacket without washing. Methods are effective if you do everything according to the rules:
- We take components in strict proportions;
- We rub the products with clean cotton pads or sponges;
- Rinse after a while.
Violation of the rules can lead to an increase in the problem, which will negatively affect the appearance of the product.
Vinegar and salt
The fight against stains with vinegar and salt is considered a simple and effective way. This requires:
- Take warm water in the amount of 500 milliliters.
- Add salt and vinegar 9% (10 grams) to it, mix.
- In a solution, moisten a cotton pad and attach to the stain.
After 20 minutes, wash off the residue with a clean cloth moistened with water.
Detergents for dishes
To eliminate grease stains suitable detergents for dishes.
- Prepare 400 ml of water at a temperature of 40-50 degrees.
- Add 10 ml of dishwashing liquid to it.
- Dip a clean cloth into the liquid.
- After 2 seconds, reach, slightly press, put on the problem area.
- Rubbing to form soap suds.
After 10-15 minutes, the residues are cleaned with a damp cloth.
In the presence of stains of engine oil, it is recommended to use purified gasoline. It quickly removes pollution, and does not leave stains even on light things.
Apply it strictly according to the rules:
- 3 - 4 drops of gasoline to a wet sponge.
- To rub a stain.
- Clean the cloth moistened with water to remove residues.
To eliminate the smell of gasoline, blot the treated area of the down jacket with a damp cloth.
Liquid detergent and liquid ammonia
The solution of liquid detergent and ammonia will help remove old and large stains.
- Mix 5 ml of ammonia with liquid detergent.
- Add them to 100 ml of water.
- Apply the component to the stain and rub with a brush.
Remove foam residues with a damp sponge after 3-5 minutes.
Starch and other means
Minor stains can be removed using starch.
- Pour 5 g of starch with 20 ml of water.
- Mix. Put the mixture on the contaminated area.
- After 5 minutes, remove the residues with a damp sponge.
If there are many spots, the amount of starch and water increase.
There are other options for removing stains from feathers, for example:
- Rubbing shampoo diluted with water (1: 1 ratio).
- Putting a cotton pad dipped in milk.
- Drawing on the problem area crushed chalk.
Regardless of the option, the remnants of the funds are carefully removed from the surface of the down jacket with a clean, damp sponge or cloth.
Specialized household chemicals
The market offers a range of special household chemicals for removing stains from down jackets and jackets for down.
The most popular stain remover options
|"Dr. Beckmann"||5 ml||A roller is taken and rubbed into the stain for 30 seconds.||Comfortable ball applicator, easily sliding on the fabric.|
|"Vanish"||8 ml||Apply to the contaminated area and rub in for one minute.||There is a cap into which the required amount of stain remover is poured.|
|"Heitmann"||15 ml||It is diluted with warm water and then hand washed.||There is a measuring cap to accurately measure the amount of fluid.|
It is necessary to use means strictly according to the instruction.
How to wash a down jacket in a washing machine
When washing a down-padded coat in a washing machine, it is important to be careful and be careful. To prevent deformation of the product, proceed as follows.
- Check that the zippers, buttons and buttons are buttoned.
- Set the mode: "Delicate wash".
- Put some tennis balls in the typewriter drum.
- Put the capsules for washing.
Experts say that tennis balls prevent the formation of lumps from rolling down and reduce the risk of spoiling the thing by 2.5-3 times.
It is allowed to erase in the machine, if it is indicated on the label. Otherwise, you can spoil the thing.
How to dry down jacket
Incorrect drying of the down jacket can cause irreversible consequences:
- Education divorce.
- Roll down.
For the prevention of damage recommended:
- To hang a down-padded coat on a coat hanger by the size.
- Take out to the balcony or street. Do not let the rain start.
- If it is impossible to dry in the open air, do not hang the product near the heaters.
- Remove the down jacket when completely dry.
Features of cleaning products with a membrane
Purification of down jackets or down jackets with a membrane has a number of features:
- Machine wash is prohibited.
- Stains can be removed only by special means.
- Drying thing is permissible in a horizontal position, and shake every 40 minutes.
- After drying, apply a special protective agent on the top layer of fabric.
Self-cleaning products with a membrane is difficult. It is worth assessing all possible risks and consequences. It may be better to dry-clean the item in order to reduce the likelihood of divorce and other defects.
To effectively clean the jacket from stains, it is recommended to follow a few tips.
- Remove the stain as soon as it is detected.
- Do not be zealous when applying the product to the surface of the fabric
- Abandon the use of hard sponges.
- Before machine wash, rub the traces of dirt with laundry soap.
If the chosen remedy did not cope with the stain, do not immediately make repeated attempts to eliminate the dirt. Dry the thing, and then adopt another option.
The down jacket is practical clothing, and with proper care it will last for many years. Constantly look at the product for the presence of stains, and if they are found, get rid of them immediately. You can do this in various ways, most importantly, follow the rules and advice so as not to spoil the thing.