In everyday life, we can’t do without stains on clothes, but not every pollution is simply removed from the fabric. There are complex substances, which include the resin and wax, they will not disappear during washing. Removal requires the use of additional tools that do not always favorably affect the material. To avoid negative consequences, you need to choose the right components for cleaning.
Cleaning wax and paraffin folk and purchased means
Wax is a colorless, odorless, fatty substance that is chemically manufactured. To remove paraffin or wax from clothes in the home, they use products whose components will react with them to complete removal.
The wax is removed from the clothes by several methods.
- To remove white wax, immerse the material in boiling water, when the stain has melted, lock the place of contamination.
- Pour talcum or chalk on the frozen composition, put a napkin with a load on top. An hour later, wipe the dirt thoroughly with a brush and a sponge dipped in water.
- Put the clothes in the bag, place in the freezer for an hour. When the time is over, scrape the wax with a hard object.
- Put the soiled item on the ironing board, cover it with a rag and iron until the stain goes onto it.
Wax from clothes can be removed at home and with the help of special tools. The most popular are presented in the table.
|Name of the remedy||How to use|
|AMV (orange oil based chemical)|
|Amway SA8 (stain remover)|
After removing the stain from wax or paraffin, wash your clothes in the usual way.
Clothing from jeans, synthetics and cotton
For different types of fabrics distinguish their wax cleaning methods.
|Material type||How to delete|
|Jeans||Place in the freezer for 60 minutes, remove, rub, and remove the remaining stain with an iron.|
High-temperature resistant fabrics can be easily cleaned of wax - it is enough to immerse them in hot water, but delicate materials require the use of only special means.
Fur and suede
Remove the wax from the fur is simple. Put it in the freezer and after 30 minutes remove the frozen substance from the fibers. Small crumbs just shake.
Remove paraffin from suede harder:
- Cover the dirt with a paper napkin, put a hot iron on it, repeat until the stain goes to the napkin.
- Dissolve half a teaspoon of ammonia in 1 liter of water, moisten a cotton pad, wipe the stain, and then restore the structure of the material over the steam.
To remove wax from suede, use a compound whose components are ammonia or wine alcohol and gasoline.
- Take a baking sheet on which to install a candlestick to avoid contamination of the oven itself.
- Put the candlestick upside down on the container.
- Turn on the microwave for 5 minutes so that the wax starts to melt.
- After complete melting, remove the product.
- Wipe off contamination with a tissue.
- Rinse the candlestick in warm liquid.
When removing wax from a candlestick, open a window - this will help avoid the appearance of an unpleasant odor in the room.
Voskoplav clean immediately after work, until the wax froze. Apply vegetable oil to polluted areas and wipe with alcohol wipes. Instead of napkins, you can use any solution with an alcohol content of 40%.
Remove the wax from the dishes can be using steam. To do this, boil the kettle, place the utensil in the area where there is pollution under the stream of hot air. Under the action of high temperature, the wax will melt, then remove it with a napkin.
When removing paraffin from glassware, be extremely careful that it does not crack, place it in hot water.
To remove wax from your shoes, apply a few drops of turpentine to the dirt. After that, wipe with a paper towel or tissue. Remove the wax from the shoes and using glycerin. In hot water, add a couple of drops of the product and treat the stain with a solution. Wash off residues with water.
How to clean furniture and carpet from wax
Wax removal methods:
|Where to remove wax||How to remove|
You can also remove wax or paraffin from the carpet and furniture by using specialized tools and shampoos that are sold in the store.
Purification of resin by folk and commercial means
Resin refers to amorphous substances, under normal conditions it is in a solid state and melts at high temperatures. When hit on objects it is difficult to remove, as the spots have a complex structure.
Clothing and Fabric
Remove the resin from the material using the available tools.
- Alcohol. Apply medical alcohol on the stain and leave for 30 minutes. After the time, wash the clothes in the washing machine.
- Turpentine. Apply turpentine to a disk of cotton, blot the stain. After washing the material in warm water.
- Refined gasoline. Abundantly moisten cotton wool in gasoline, apply to the stain for 30 minutes. After using a brush to rub the stain and wash with powder.
- Sparkling water "Coca-Cola". Pour soda into a small container, lower the contaminated material, then wipe with a brush, wash the clothes.
Removal from hands and skin
Remove the resin from the skin and hands in several ways.
- If a substance gets on the body, you should wait until it hardens. After that, place the area under a stream of cold water and gently remove if cracks on the resin appear.
- Apply Neosporin or Tween 80 cream to the pollution, wait until the ointment is absorbed into the skin and wipe with a napkin or towel.
- Apply mayonnaise to the affected area, wait until it splits the resin, and then carefully remove with a napkin.
To remove the resin, you can use any oil, its components will destroy the structure of pollution, after which it is easy to remove from the skin.
Furniture and carpet
Removing resin from carpets and furniture is done in several ways.
- Rub the stain with ice cubes until it freezes and gently scrape off the carpet or furniture.
- Bring the solution, the components of which are 15 ml of dishwashing detergent, 15 ml of table vinegar, 500 ml of water. Moisten cotton wool in it, wipe the stain.
- Dampen a cotton pad in eucalyptus oil, blot the divorce and gently brush off the dirt with a brush, rinse with warm water.
Dishwashing detergent can be used to remove the resin. Make sure that it does not contain lanolin, which will leave irreversible stains.
Shoes and sneakers
Remove the resin from the shoes with kerosene. To do this, moisten a cloth in the solution, rub the stain until it disappears completely. It is easy to remove yellowness from means with hydrogen peroxide.
Resin from shoes can be removed with a solvent. Apply a small amount to the fleece, gently wipe the stain.
Important! When working with kerosene, be extremely careful, as its components can damage the structure of the material.
The resin is easily removed with formic alcohol. To do this, moisten a cloth in the solution, wipe the stain.
Experienced hostesses offer the following recommendations when removing tar or wax.
- When working with coarse materials, it is not necessary to use purchased products, it is enough to freeze the pollution, after which it is scraped off with a hard object.
- To remove stains from the material of any structure, first of all, it is necessary to check the reaction to the means used. Apply a few drops on a small area of fabric, wait a little time, if nothing happened to the fabric, feel free to apply the solution.
- It is possible to use not only oils, but also fat cream, it possesses the same properties.
- After working with any chemical agent, even with gloves, apply a moisturizer on the skin of the hands.
Important! If the removal of stains occurs due to solutions of chemical origin, fresh air must be available in the room to avoid problems with the well-being and poisoning of the body.
Remove wax and tar can be in different ways. It is not necessary to buy expensive funds. The main thing is to remove the contamination in the molten state before removal or to use components that break the bond of the substance molecules.