Suede shoes look rich and beautiful, although it is considered impractical. It requires special care, especially in the cold season, when utilities treat roads with reagents. No woman is ready to abandon the fashion accessory made of natural suede, so it is so important to know how to properly clean suede boots.
Effective folk methods against dirt and stains
It is not uncommon for greasy stains, lube oil, reagents and salt to get on boots, shoes or shoes. There are several ways to get rid of them.
Starch and ammonia
For small stains, a classic recipe will do. For the mixture, you need potato starch and a few drops of ammonia. Mix the ingredients, apply the mixture to the problem area. After complete drying, shake off the starch residues and wipe with a soft brush.
Old, greasy stains are easily removed with gasoline. Cotton disc moistened with gasoline, gently wipe the stain. Then the affected area is treated with a damp sponge and dry cloth to remove excess moisture.
ATTENTION! Please note that wet the sponge and the disc is not worth much. Under the influence of moisture, suede coarsens and loses its appearance.
Milk, baking soda and ammonia
If the shoes get wet and become rough, you can resort to using the following means. For cooking you will need:
- Milk - ½ cup.
- Baking soda - 2 tsp.
- Ammonia - 2-3 drops.
All ingredients mix. In a solution, moisten the sponge and gently wipe the coarsened surface. After drying the usual movements "comb" boots, and you can enjoy the result.
Starch and Talc
Fresh oily stains are perfectly rendered with starch or talcum powder. To do this, sprinkle them with one of the means and leave for 6 - 7 hours. Then shake off the remnants of the product and brush the surface with a brush.
In winter, one of the problems are traces of reagents on suede boots, shoes or shoes. An excellent means of eliminating white plaque, is a solution of ammonia.
Mix the ammonia powder with water in a ratio of 1: 5, moisten the foam sponge in the solution and wipe the problem areas. To improve the result, you can treat the surface with vinegar. After all procedures, blot shoes with a paper towel.
In the fight against hardened skin will help the soap solution. For cooking you will need:
- Water - 1 cup.
- Liquid soap - 1 tbsp. spoon.
- Ammonia - 6 drops.
All the ingredients are mixed, and then using a sponge, apply foam to the shoes. After 5 minutes, remove residual soap from the surface with a damp cloth.
In some cases, an eraser or a small piece of foam rubber may help. Shiny places are treated with a crust of rye bread.
Some spots and stains can be eliminated with steam. Professional cleaning is carried out using steam-generating devices. But not every hostess can afford it. However, the result when steam cleaning at home is no worse.
- Clean shoes from dust and dirt using the methods that were previously presented.
- Put the pot of water on the fire, bring to a boil.
- Hold the shoes over the steam, without touching the pan, and see how the transformation takes place.
At the end of the procedure, comb and smooth the pile with a familiar gesture.
Features of cleaning white suede
The purchase of white suede garments is a risky business, and the cleaning of such garments should be delicate. Classical methods may not be suitable for light colors. For effective, but gentle methods include the following options.
- The stains from the reagent removes glycerin. To do this, just wipe them the product.
- Traces of dirt will help remove the solution of soda and milk. In one glass of milk, add half a tablespoon of soda. Use a sponge to carefully clean the shoes and let them dry. Leftover soda can be easily removed with a paper towel.
- Tooth powder or paste perfectly removes ingrained traces of dirt. It is enough to rub the paste into the problematic place, and then remove dried remains with a napkin.
- The solution of ammonia, water, and hydrogen peroxide can return the snow-white look. In a glass of water, add a teaspoon of alcohol and peroxide. According to the previous scheme, treat the surface.
- For dry cleaning, talc or starch is used.
The market is replete with a variety of suede leather care products.
- Special bristle with soft bristles for cleaning suede shoes.
- Restorer color for suede.
- Paint for suede different shades.
- Impregnation is water repellent.
- Shoe cleaner from salt and reagents.
- Shoe cleaning foam.
With such a set, a walk in any weather will be pleasant and carefree!
Features of shoe care from suede
To keep the original look of suede shoes, you need to adhere to the following rules:
- Do not wash under running water.
- Do not dry near heaters or near a battery.
- When cleaning material of different shades, use different brushes.
- Suede boots can not be stored folded.
Suede boots are a fashionable accessory and a favorite article of wardrobe for many girls. The mistress of such shoes should know how to properly care for her, because suede is a capricious material. With timely care shoes will last for many years to the joy of the owner.