Playing with sand is a favorite activity for preschoolers. Needless to say, it is interesting and older children, and even adults. This malleable material develops imagination, creativity, the desire to experiment, concentration. The result does not keep you waiting - this is the development of intelligence.
Making kinetic sand do it yourself
When cooking at home using river or sea sand. In some recipes, this component is missing. In this case, the mass repeats some kinetic properties.
- Water - 1 part;
- Starch (corn) - 2 parts;
- Sand - 3-4 parts (take from the sandbox or buy in the store).
- 1 way: mix sand with starch, gradually adding water and stirring.
2 way: stir starch in water, add sand. Bring to a soft, smooth mass.
ATTENTION! Small children are pulling everything in their mouths. For safety reasons, only play together or replace sand with brown sugar, and water with vegetable oil.
Recipe without sand, on water and starch
It will take:
- Starch - 250 g;
- Water - 100 ml.
Mix the ingredients with a spatula. If the homemade sand turns out to be dry, crumble it and moisten it with a spray bottle. Use colored water, then the mass will turn out bright, attractive.
The method of flour and butter
What you need:
- Baby massage oil - 1 part;
- Flour - 8 pieces.
In the hill with flour make a groove. While stirring, slowly pour the oil into the middle. Next, knead with your hands. The result is a ductile mass of pale sand color that does not lose its properties for a long time.
Sand from soda and liquid soap
What you need:
- Soda - 2 parts;
- Baking powder - 1 part;
- Liquid soap or dishwashing liquid - 1 part.
After mixing the baking soda and baking powder, gradually add the soap. Bring to a uniform state. When receiving excess moisture, dosypte baking powder. The mass is white and soft. Crafts from it are fuzzy, so it is advisable to use molds and a spatula in the game.
Recipe for sand, glue and boric acid
It will take:
- Sand - 300 g;
- Stationery (silicate) glue - 1 tsp;
- Boric acid 3% - 2 tsp.
Mix glue and boric acid to form a sticky, homogeneous composition. Add sand. Knead by hand, wearing protective gloves. Formed loose mass resembling kinetic sand. Drying in the air, it loses its properties.
Create a sandbox
Sand - kinetics ready. Now create a convenient place to experiment. Although its structure is viscous, non-flowing, but after each game cleaning is required. Therefore, build a sandbox in such a way that there is no dirt left.
Suitable for sandbox:
- Plastic container height of 10-15 cm;
- Box with sides of about 10 cm (paste the wallpaper inside);
- Small inflatable pool.
Kinetic sand games
What we play
Molds, shovels and rake are used. You can diversify with other objects:
- Different plastic forms, which are in the house, baking dish.
- Children's dishes, safe knives or plastic stacks.
- Small cars, animals, dolls, toys kinder - surprises.
- Different materials - sticks, tubes, caps from markers, boxes, jars, corks.
- Natural materials - cones, acorns, stones, shells.
- Ornaments - large beads, glass beads, buttons.
- Seals both homemade and purchased.
Choosing a game
- We pour in a bucket (for the smallest).
- We make Easter cakes with the help of a form or manually (we study the size, the score, we play the store, the canteen)
- We sculpt and decorate cakes, pastries, cut sausage and cakes (we play tea, a cafe).
- We draw on a flat sand surface (we guess what we drew, we study letters, numbers, forms).
- We leave traces (on a flat surface we invent our own traces, we guess which item left a trail, we create beautiful patterns).
- We are looking for treasure (we dig in turns and look for small toys, for older children, you can search and guess with closed eyes).
- We build a road, a bridge (we use small cars for the game, a waste material to create a bridge, road signs).
- We build a house, a shop (we play plot games with small dolls, animals, small items for furniture).
- Create a sand sculpture (sculpt letters, numbers, in turn we guess that they were blinded).
What is kinetic sand and its advantages
Kinetic sand is a Swedish invention with moving properties. The composition includes 98% sand and 2% synthetic additive, which gives softness, lightness and malleability. It seems to be flowing through the fingers, the grains of sand are interconnected, they do not fall apart. Externally, it is wet, keeps its shape well, is easily molded, cut, thereby attracting children and adults. The company material is kept for 3 years.
The tool is very popular, but for many is not available due to the high price. Some parents create an analogue of their own hands, to the delight of the children. Although it is inferior in properties, but has several advantages.
- Interesting in the game. Not only children are fond of, but also adults.
- The texture is easily restored (if it dries out, wet it with a spray bottle, if it gets wet, then dry it).
- Does not stain clothes and hands, just shake off.
- The structure is viscous, so it is easy to clean after the game.
- Does not contain dirt, safe for health.
- Quickly and easily created with your child.
At home cooking, affordable.
Benefits for children and adults
Familiarity with the sand and its properties begins with the first year of a child's life. This is one of the first building materials that you can sculpt, cut, decorate, you can create buildings and experiment.
- Develops a creative imagination, fantasy.
- Forms artistic taste.
- Promotes the ability to concentrate attention, perseverance.
- Creates emotional relaxation with nervous tension and fears.
- It helps in the study of forms, quantities, letters, numbers.
- Develops fine motor skills of hands.
- Stimulates the formation of skills in drawing, sculpting, writing.
- Accelerates speech development, the ability to communicate and negotiate.
Working and playing with kinetic sand, the child has intellectual abilities, develops curiosity of mind, visual-effective and figurative thinking. And for an adult - this is a way to relieve stress, pleasant for work and creativity.
Opinion doctors about the sand-kinetics
The softness, plasticity of kinetic sand attracts parents as a playful, developing material for children. He enjoys popularity among pediatricians and neuropathologists. A unique tool has healing properties. The calming effect corrects mental disorders in children and adults. It is widely used for the rehabilitation of patients with mental and nervous disorders. Safe for health composition of quartz sand does not cause allergies. Hygienic composition, does not pollute hands, clothes.
- Kinetics are not afraid of water. If during the game it gets wet, you can dry a little.
- At elevated temperatures, the composition becomes viscous and sticks to the hands. In the cooled state - perfectly molded, keeps its shape.
- Sand composition sticks to silicone forms, they are unsuitable for games.
- To collect the scattered grains of sand, it is enough to roll the ball and roll it over the surface.
- Store the game material in a plastic container in a cool place.
The kinetic mass created at home does not completely repeat the properties of the proprietary material, but is also well molded and cut. True, it does not have lightness and fluidity. And the shelf life is less, as it dries quickly, and in a closed container it deteriorates, and it has to be replaced. But an affordable price allows kids to play with any number and at any time.
One of the most favorite children's activities is modeling. The main thing is that the material should be soft, pleasant to the touch, easily formed and safe for health. DIY handmade kinetic sand will be an excellent educational and creative game for children and adults.