Before you learn to pull up on the bar from scratch, you should ask two simple questions. First - what is a horizontal bar and where to get it? And the second - why is it necessary? By answering these questions, you can begin to train.
Preparation and precautions
Any new business begins with the preparatory work and the identification of possible hazards. The same should be done before the start of training at the bar at home. For beginners, it is important not to rush, so as not to harm the body.
First, consult with your doctors, because not everyone can engage in strength sports. Exercises on the horizontal bar are contraindicated for persons with the following diseases:
- Spinal curvature, scoliosis.
- Herniated discs of the spine.
- Spinal disc protrusion.
People suffering from osteochondrosis, classes should be conducted sparingly.
When permission from the doctor is received, the preparatory stage begins, which includes the following points.
- Correctly determine the height of the projectile. The crossbar should be at the height of the outstretched arms, taking into account the distance for a small jump. Height is selected so that you can hang freely on the bar with arms outstretched, not reaching the floor.
- Before the start of classes, prepare the body. Every day for 1.5-2 minutes to hang on the bar without doing the exercises. To do this, first the height of the crossbar should be lowered to 70-90 cm from the floor. This exercise is performed in a reclining position. Hands captures the crossbar, legs stretched at an angle to the floor, heels are on the floor. In this position, just hang, but you can slowly pull up. With increasing training, the height of the crossbar varies.
- After 3-5 days, you can go to workouts with an expander. To do this, set the normal height of the crossbar, and fasten a long expander with a large loop at the bottom. Put your legs into this loop, and grasp the crossbar with your hands. In this position, the expander will stretch. If you begin to climb, the expander spring will push the body up. Thus, the load on the hands is reduced.
- As a preparation, you can use push-ups from the floor.
Choice of grip and execution rules
The grip is a way of pulling up on a horizontal bar. There are several types of it. With each variant, different muscles develop, therefore during exercises it is recommended to change the hold. Enumerate the most popular types.
- Straight. The hands are positioned in such a way that the palm is turned towards the crossbar and can be reached from above. With this option, most of the load on the muscles of the back and shoulders.
- Back. The palms of the hands are turned in the direction of the face, and the cross is wrapped around the bottom. With such a tightening the greatest load on the biceps.
- Combined. When tightening, one arm wraps the bar with a straight grip, and the other with a reverse grip.
When pulling up, the distance between the arms on the crossbar is of great importance. Depending on this distance, the grips are divided into narrow and wide. With a narrow distance between the hands is determined by the width of the performer. When wide - the distance is always greater than the width of the shoulders. With different grip width, different muscles develop. Consequently, changing the width, you can train all the muscles of the arms and back.
Step plan for beginners
The first stage - 1-5 pull-ups
Go to the first stage, when you finish the preparation stage and you can pull up once. The task of this stage is to develop muscles from scratch in order to pull yourself up 5 times in one go.
To achieve this goal, the turnstiles recommend the following lesson plan.
- In the process of training to increase the number of approaches. Start with 10-15 sets of 1-2 pull-ups in each. The break between approaches should be from 20 to 40 seconds.
- Pull up with different grabs.
The second stage - 5-10 pull-ups
If the first stage is successfully completed and 5 pull-ups are no longer a problem, proceed to the second step, the goal of which is to achieve 10 complete pull-ups in one approach.
To achieve the goal, you can use the exercise, called "ladder". It is performed as follows.
- First, one pull-up is done in one approach, followed by a break of 5 seconds.
- After the break, 2 pull-ups are done for 1 approach.
The third stage - 10-30 pull-ups
When the goals of the second stage are achieved, you can proceed to the third. The third stage - the achievement of 30 pull-ups for 1 approach. The task is not easy. For this it is recommended to pull up with extra weight. They can serve as a special vest-weighting. If not, you can put in a backpack some kind of load, for example, a bottle of water or a dumbbell. In this case, the minimum number of pull-ups in a single approach is 10 times, followed by an increase of 1.
The fourth stage - over 30 pull-ups
The fourth stage provides for an increase in pull-ups over 30 times. For this purpose, a training program is drawn up, including a six-day cycle per week. One day is a day off. In the process of training, rest between sets should be 2-3 minutes. Classes are held continuously. Even if there was a pass, then when you resume, you need to strive to pull up as many times as planned. If this fails, you should start from the previous week and catch up on the missed.
Types of exercises on the bar at home
If it is not possible to visit the gym, the horizontal bar can be equipped at home. This is not so difficult, because you can buy inventory in sports shops and install it yourself. For practicing at home you can use the following types of exercises.
- Classic pull-up. The usual type of pull-up, performed by direct grip. Width of hand grip is greater than shoulder width. This exercise is performed without rocking the body and jerks. To make it easier to perform, it is recommended to cross your legs. Lifting is performed only by the muscles of the arms and back. Successful lifting is considered when the chin is fixed for a certain moment above the crossbar. After that, you can go down and return to the starting position.
- Tightening the reverse grip. The method of exercise is the same as the classic, only the grip changes - the palms are turning towards themselves.
- Tightening wide grip. The exercise provides the initial position of the hands, when between them the maximum possible distance. In this case, the grip should be straight. Lifting occurs on the exhale and only with the help of hands. Sink to the starting position while inhaling.
- Dead pull up. Continues until the head of the performer touches the crossbar. After fixing the body in such a position, you can slowly drop to the starting position when the arms are fully extended.
- Pulling up according to the "half moon" scheme. This view prepares the performer for pull-ups on one hand. Performed wide grip. The first lift is done with the body moving to the right side, the second - to the left side. Lifting finish only when the chin touches the hand. Fixing the touch, you can go down.
- Pulling up with one hand. Exercise difficult. To perform the necessary strong muscles. This option is not to everyone's taste, but by and large, is not needed. But if you can master it, then you have good strength and endurance.
Features of pull-ups for girls
Learning to pull up on the bar is somewhat more difficult for a girl than for a man. This is due to the fact that women have a different physiology, less muscle mass and strength. Especially weak muscles of the shoulder girdle, so usually women do not pull up.
If you really want, turnstile recommend to adhere to the following scheme. At first, just hang on the bar. It does not matter whether the strength to pull up or not. Just grab the bar and hang. Choose a low crossbar - legs can touch the floor or be pursed.
After two or three weeks of daily hanging, you can try to strain the muscles of the arms and strive to pull themselves up. All exercises should pursue one goal - pull up 1 time. After reaching the goal, it is necessary to develop a program of gradual increase in the number of pull-ups.
How do professional barriers pull up
Training professional turnsteps are directed not only to strength exercises, but also to improve performance techniques with the use of gymnastic elements. The program of such training consists of the following sections:
- Warm up For the warm-up, various exercises are performed that prepare the muscles for subsequent loads. Practice has found that a good warming up of the muscles raises the level of training by a quarter.
- Definition of the list of exercises and their sequence of execution on the horizontal bar.
- Determining the number of sets for each exercise.
- Calculation of the duration of classes. Duration depends on the number of exercises and sets. When calculating laid the time to rest between sets and different exercises.
- Determination of the frequency of classes. The frequency is selected for each artist individually. It is determined by the intensity of loads in previous classes, as well as the ability of muscles to recover.
- Drawing up a diet and a list of necessary products.
A few helpful tips that are recommended during training.
- Pull up, using the power of the muscles so that the body does not swing.
- Rise smoothly, avoiding jerks and inertia.
- Consider lifting complete when the chin is above the bar.
- Get down smoothly. Ensure that the ascent and descent times are the same.
- Breathe smoothly and calmly. The exhalation must be on the ascent and the inhalation on the descent.
- Hold the case vertically.
- Do all exercises slowly.
Pulling up on the crossbar for many in life is not needed, but remember the Eastern proverb "if you know that your sword will be useful to you only once, wear it all your life." Consider strengthening your body. This is especially true of young men. Being strong, agile and in good physical shape has not prevented anyone.