Cocoa icing is a delicious and easy-to-prepare dessert that can decorate and give a unique, fabulous look to any pastry. It looks spectacular on cakes, muffins, cakes, cookies, ice cream, whipped cream, cottage cheese.
What is needed
- Cocoa powder. During storage of the product lumps are formed. To create an airy, homogeneous cocoa mixture, sift through a sieve.
- Butter. Add already softened. It gives a mirror shine. Oil can be replaced with sour cream 20%.
- Sugar. It is better to use sifted icing sugar. It mixes more easily and dissolves faster.
- Water. It makes sense to replace milk. A lemon or orange juice will make the icing tastier.
- Flavors, flavorings. For a change of taste add vanilla, coconut chips, rum or brandy.
Chocolate icing is a high-calorie product, the energy value of which reaches 542 Kcal per 100 g. Because of this, it is consumed in small quantities in the diet and diet. Also has a high fat content.
Nutritional value per 100 g:
|Composition||Amount, g||% of the daily norm|
The basic recipe with a minimal amount of ingredients. If you want to add elegance and originality to the product, you can add nuts, coconut flakes or replace water with citrus juice.
- Sugar sand (or powder) - 150 g;
- Cocoa powder - 2 tbsp. spoons;
- Water - 3 tbsp. spoons.
- In enamelware combine sugar and cocoa.
- Gently whip in water.
- Boil on low heat, constantly stirring so as not to burn.
- When the mass starts to boil and bubble, stand for 2-3 minutes and remove from heat.
Cocoa icing to frost
For the preparation it is necessary to use cocoa powder of dark varieties, butter with a high content of milk fats, which will give a small gloss to the frozen surface.
- Sugar or powder - 125 g;
- Cocoa - 2 tbsp. spoons;
- Milk - 3 tbsp. spoons;
- Butter - 30 g;
- Vanilla - 0.5 tsp.
Step by step preparation:
- In a small container to combine cocoa and sugar, stretch the lumps.
- Add milk, stirring until smooth. Cook over low heat until foaming, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and cool for 10 minutes.
- Add softened butter and beat well.
Black and white chocolate frosting
The easiest method to create a chocolate cake decorator is to melt a bar of white, milk or dark chocolate. White glaze will give the dessert an elegant look. Milk can be replaced with cream, sour cream, condensed milk.
- Pure chocolate without additives - 100 g;
- Milk - 5 tbsp. l
- Smear dishes with butter.
- Chopped chopped chocolate into a container.
- Add milk.
- Contents put in a water bath.
- Heat to 40 ° C, stirring constantly.
Mirror glass looks great on products. To ensure that the coating is even and without bubbles, it is passed through a sieve before being applied to the confection. Begin to decorate when the mixture has cooled to 35-40 ° C.
- Sugar (powder) - 250 g;
- Cocoa powder - 80 g;
- Cream of high fat content - 150 ml;
- Water - 150 ml;
- Gelatin - 8 g
- In the gelatin pour warm water and leave to swell.
- Cocoa pre-sift through a sieve.
- Heat gelatin until completely dissolved.
- Combine sugar, cocoa and cream in a prepared bowl. Stir in diluted gelatin while stirring.
- Cook on a quiet fire - stir in regularly with a spoon or spatula. Bring to a boil and remove.
- To homogeneous mass, strain through a sieve.
- Cool to 60-80 ° C and pour in small portions on top of the cake. Using a metal spatula to level.
How to use the icing
Depending on the consistency of the glaze, use different tools for its application and alignment:
- For the liquid mass - brush for baking.
- For medium thickness - a wide knife or confectionary shovel.
- For thick - a pastry bag or a syringe, with which help decorative elements (points, stripes, waves) are created.
For glazing, the cakes are placed on a grid with a tray. The glaze is poured into the center and leveled with the tools to the edges and sides. If the mixture is rather thick, a small amount will flow into the pan. Too thickened glaze and applied with great difficulty, reheat again to a creamy state.
To harden the chocolate coating, the finished cake is placed in a cool place or in a cold store. To create a smooth and beautifully designed dish, the following few tips will help.
- If the resulting texture is not satisfactory, increase the density by adding powdered sugar or boiling. To make the mixture more liquid, add hot water.
- Hot glaze needs to be cooled, but not peredudit. It should be easily and evenly spread and flow to a minimum.
- To level the surface, the mixture is applied in two stages, first with a thin layer, then thick from the center to the edges.
- If the recipe glaze covers butter cream, pre-make a layer of jam or dry cocoa powder.
- Chocolate dessert is stored for up to 5 days in the refrigerator, so the dish can be prepared in advance.
- Ready-made treats on top are decorated with berries, nuts, dried fruits, candied fruits, marshmallows, and confectionary dressing. The black color of the glaze is perfectly combined with different shades.
- It will turn out beautifully if you drop a whipped protein cream in the form of drops or strips. Using a knife or fork to make smooth stains, until the surface is frozen. Get curls, reminiscent of frost patterns.
A variety of chocolate glaze recipes allows you to choose the one that is tastier and easier to prepare, which will look beautiful on the cake. Having mastered the basic manufacturing technology, the composition is supplemented with new ingredients and flavors. Then you get a great decoration for a festive cake or other dessert.