Lamb is a very delicate kind of meat. She is often disliked because of the peculiar aroma, which is not to everyone's taste. But if you get down to business with the desire and properly cook, any meat gourmet will appreciate the quality of the dish.
Lamb chops are often used in everyday as well as in high cooking. This is no ordinary piece of mascara that can be easily prepared. There are a number of rules, respecting which are obtained delicious dishes from such an ordinary product.
- It is recommended to cook only on slow and identical fire.
- To add softness and juiciness, it is better to pre-boil until half ready, and then bake in the oven.
- So that the ribs are not burnt and baked evenly, you need to prepare a moist environment for them. This can be done so - in the form of water is poured, put on top of the grid for the grill and meat on it. Then all the fat drips into the water, and not on a baking sheet, thanks to which the product does not burn.
- For mutton ribs, be sure to prepare a spicy or spicy marinade. First, they marinate in it, and then it is watered several times during cooking.
- The ideal temperature in the oven is 180 degrees. Cooking time - 60-70 minutes.
Lamb goes well with many spices, so you can experiment on the marinade.
Calorie and nutritional value
Lamb ribs are considered dietary meat. In terms of composition and caloric content, they occupy the third place after chicken and beef. They are rich in protein - in relation to their fat more than half. They contain many amino acids, micro and macro elements, such as potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, calcium and others. Most importantly, with proper preparation, they lack cholesterol. Another feature of lamb is the ability to improve metabolism and activate the digestive system.
Not to mention another unique side of the product. During baking, the bone secretes a liquid that covers the entire carcass with a film. It contributes to juiciness and unique taste, and the preservation of nutrients in meat.
Nutritional value of mutton ribs per 100 g of product:
- Squirrels - 17 g.
- Fat - 15 g.
- Calorie - 203 kcal.
- Carbohydrates - 0 g.
Rich in lamb bone vitamins, primarily in group B (B1 - AT4, AT9, AT12). Compared with other types of meat, the ribs contain 30% more iron, which is responsible for the amount of hemoglobin in the blood.
Cooking and choosing the best marinade for ribs
There are many different types of marinade for cooking ribs in cooking. Mark any one as the best, it is impossible. After all, someone loves spicy food, others prefer a delicate, slightly spicy taste.
- Green parsley, cilantro and onion.
- 6 cloves of garlic.
- 200 ml of dry wine.
- 50 ml unsweetened pomegranate juice.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
Pereteret garlic, add chopped greens, pepper and a little salt. Mix everything well.
Pour all the wine and pomegranate juice, put ribs in the marinade and leave for a few hours.
Spicy marinade with Indian notes
- 2 oranges.
- 2 lime or lemon.
- Half a sheet of red hot pepper.
- 50 ml of any vegetable oil.
- 1 tbsp. l curry seasonings.
- A pinch of salt.
- Squeeze the juice from the fruit into a deep bowl, add oil and finely chopped pepper.
- Add dried zest of lime, salt and curry.
- Marinate ribs 2 hours.
Classic lamb chops in the oven
To make one of the most simple, but very tasty dishes from mutton ribs at home, you will need the following products.
- 1 kg of sheep ribs.
- 4 tomatoes.
- 2 onions.
- Cilantro bunch (can be replaced with parsley).
- Salt and spices to taste.
- Wash ribs, peel and cut into portions.
- Carefully rub with salt and spices, sprinkle with chopped cilantro.
- Refrigerate for several hours (ideally for the whole night).
- When the ribs are marinated, prepare a baking sheet. Cut the tomatoes and onions into rings, 1 cm thick. Put half on the bottom of the form, on top of the rib, and again a layer of vegetables.
- Cover all the lid and put in a preheated oven to 180 degrees for 90 minutes. Serve hot with any sauce.
How to bake ribs in foil
To preserve the juiciness of the meat, it is often baked in foil. For faster cooking, it is pre-boiled or fried.
- 1 kg of mutton ribs.
- 1 tbsp. l vinegar.
- 1 tbsp. l olive oil.
- 3 tomatoes.
- 2 onions.
- 200 g of hard cheese.
- A bit of basil, salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Wash ribs and divide into portions.
- Prepare the pot: mix vinegar, lemon juice, olive oil and spices, whisk everything.
- In the marinade put the meat, leave to rest for 2-3 hours. After this time, fry each side until golden brown.
- Cover the form with foil so that large edges remain. Put ribs, onions and tomatoes cut into rings, grate cheese on top.
- All wrapped in foil and send baked at 180 degrees in the oven for 30-40 minutes.
Juicy ribs in the sleeve
This type of ribs is a bit spicy, so in order to soften it, you can serve a gentle cheese or cream sauce.
- 1.5 kg of lamb ribs.
- 7 potatoes.
- 50 ml of olive oil.
- 1 st. l french and dijon mustard.
- 30 ml of balsamic red vinegar.
- 2 onions.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- A few sprigs of parsley.
- Wash ribs and chop into small pieces. Next, prepare the marinade.
- We combine balsamic vinegar, oil, French and Dijon mustard, a little parsley, pepper and salt.
- All bring down to the consistency of the sauce. Marinate the ribs for at least an hour.
- Then we clean and cut onions and potatoes into rings, mix them and evenly place them in a sleeve, pierce it in several places.
- We put in the oven heated to 200 degrees for 1 hour.
Delicious and nourishing ribs with potatoes
The dish is very delicate in taste. Potatoes on the side dish makes it more satisfying, and Provencal herbs give an aromatic "flavor".
- 8 pieces lamb ribs.
- 5 pieces. medium potato.
- 1 lemon
- 2 cloves of garlic.
- 2 tbsp. l olive oil.
- 2 sprigs of rosemary.
- Salt and pepper.
- Provencal herbs.
- Clean the ribs well, then cook the marinade.
- Add crushed garlic, juice and zest of half a lemon, olive oil, a sprig of rosemary, spices and Provencal herbs to the dishes.
- The resulting mixture rub the ribs and leave for 30 minutes. Meanwhile, peel potatoes and cut into thin rings.
- Divide the remaining half of lemon into circles.
- Covering the form with a parchment, lubricating with oil and putting potatoes and lemon on the bottom. Sprinkle with a chopped sprig of rosemary and only then place the ribs with the marinade.
- In the oven, bake for 30-40 minutes at a temperature of 200 degrees.
The benefits and harm of lamb ribs
Ribs - a complete dietary product, and a huge combination of useful elements to the body adds more value to it. Consider the useful properties of dishes from lamb ribs:
- Source of easily digestible protein.
- A sufficient amount of iron contributes to normal blood formation in the human body.
- The fibers present in the lamb have a positive effect on the condition of the teeth.
- The presence of B vitamins has a positive effect on the work of the nervous system.
- The content of trace elements has a positive effect on the gastrointestinal system and pancreas, reduces the risk of diabetes.
- Mutton dishes are considered a natural aphrodisiac, as they increase the reproductive power of men.
- Calcium and phosphorus strengthen bones.
But there are some contraindications for the frequent use of mutton ribs:
- Do not recommend lamb to young children under 4 years of age, as well as the elderly.
- It is undesirable to eat dishes from the ribs before heavy loads or sleep.
- The ribs of a ram are contraindicated for people suffering from the following diseases: arthritis, hypertension, hepatitis and other diseases of the liver, kidneys, gall bladder.
- Be careful with those who have increased acidity of the stomach.
How to choose and store ribs?
To dishes from lamb ribs turned out delicious, you need to choose them correctly. Pay attention to the color of the product. The most tasty and healthy meat of lamb, it should be pale pink. The darker the shade, the older the animal was, and the stiffer the meat.
Sometimes unscrupulous sellers tint meat with dyes. To detect such a trick, you need to attach a white napkin to the product. If there is no paint left on it, the meat is fresh. The important point is the smell and thickness of the ribs. If they belonged to a young sheep, they should not have a strong smell and be thin. The fatty layer is white without yellowness.
Tastier dishes come from fresh or chilled ribs. They can be stored in the refrigerator at a temperature not higher than 5 degrees for about 3 days. If you freeze, the shelf life will increase to 3 months. Thawing ribs should be gradually, without subjecting to sudden changes in temperature.
Ribs - one of the most delicious parts of the carcass of a sheep. This is the only part that almost always turns out juicy and tender, due to the sticky film that is released during heat treatment. Enveloping meat on the bone, she does not allow him to lose juices.
You can cook a lot of various dishes from the lamb for both the daily table, and for the discerning and demanding guests, even for the New Year. Ribs can be cooked in many ways: bake in the oven, simmer, fry in a pan or grill, boil.
The main element in the preparation of such a delicacy is the marinade, so it always needs to be given enough time and use of fantasy. Ribs are combined with many spices, especially if they are introduced whole, and not crushed. A win-win option would be to add tomatoes, onions, potatoes, eggplants and fresh greens.