Pumpkin - the queen of autumn. The gourd plant is rich in vitamins, minerals. She is considered a valuable fruit for the manufacture of culinary masterpieces. The softness and unique taste will add to any dish originality. It takes a lot of time to prepare pumpkins, which is unacceptable for most housewives. There are several ways to help cope with the problem and speed up the process.
A common method is to remove the peel with a knife. The prepared fruit is divided into small slices. Sharpen the rind with a sharpened knife. The method is ineffective if the skin is thick.
Heat treatment will soften the skin.
- Wash and dry the pumpkin. If it is large, cut it in half.
- Long knife to make some deep punctures.
- Send in the microwave, setting the maximum power level.
- After a few minutes, start cleaning.
If there is no microwave oven, you can use the oven. Heat treatment will make the peel soft and supple, which will simplify cleaning:
- Wash, dry.
- Large cut into several pieces.
- In each piece to make punctures with a knife.
- Put on a baking sheet, put in the oven for 10 minutes at a temperature not higher than 200 degrees.
- At the end of time to get out of the oven, cool, proceed to peel.
Cooks remove the skin by a peeler - this is a great helper in the kitchen. The device helps to quickly remove the peel.
The grater will cope with the task, but only after heat treatment.
Step-by-step plan for cleaning and cutting pumpkin for Halloween
Gourd fruit is popular on October 30, decorative objects are cut from it for a holiday. Here are the rules to follow.
- Choose the right shape. A round medium pumpkin will do. Need a marker, a short knife, a candle.
- Wash, dry, process alcohol pumpkin.
- Marker to describe the future holes of the pumpkin lantern.
- Cut along the lines of the eyes and mouth. Make sure not to burst.
- Cut off the top, remove the pulp.
- Set the candle inside, ignite.
The result will be an excellent jack-lantern, which will become the main attribute of the All Saints Day holiday.
Hostess on the note
- Vegetable lovers should remember that it can be stored in the refrigerator. Put in a bag and put in the freezer.
- Peeled and chopped vegetables are stored at zero temperature for not more than a week.
- Gourd unpretentiously, in a cool dark place will survive all winter. You can stock up in the fall and indulge yourself during the cold weather with delicious healthy dishes.
- Pumpkin juice is a natural sleeping pill and antioxidant, and the flesh can relieve pain from burns.
- Contains many minerals and vitamins. Due to the impressive amount of iron content, it helps in the fight against anemia.
Vitamins and minerals in the composition of the pulp:
|Vitamin A (Retinol)||12,230 IU||Calcium||37 mg|
|Vitamin C (L-isomer of ascorbic acid)||11.5 mg||Potassium||364 mg|
|Vitamin K (naphthoquinone, phylloquinone, menaquinone, menatetrenone)||2.0 mg||Phosphorus||47 mg|
|Vitamin PP (nicotinic acid, niacin)||1.02 mg||Sodium||2 mg|
|Vitamin B9 (folic acid)||22 mcg||Iron||1.4 mcg|
How to choose a pumpkin
For cooking pumpkin dishes need to choose the right vegetable. Color, taste, aroma depend on the quality of the main component. There are no more than twenty varieties.
- A round pumpkin of medium size will do.
- Weight should not exceed 5 kilograms.
- The peel should be dense, without spots, and the flesh is bright, elastic.
- The tail must be dry.
If you follow these rules, you will be able to please your loved ones and guests with a tasty treat. It will be fragrant, beautiful, bright.
The content of a large number of useful components will not only eat well, but also replenish the supply of minerals and vitamins. Despite the efforts, the result is excellent. You can safely share the experience of cleaning this unique vegetable at home.