Sweet pepper is created to be stuffed and baked in the oven. Purified from the seeds, it resembles a pot. You can fill it with any filling. To do this, you need meat, vegetables, mushrooms, cereals, herbs and spices. I advise you to buy even fruits of a suitable size so that the filling can be placed in them. You can use multi-colored pods for stuffing, which look very impressive when served to the table.
The classic recipe for pepper stuffed with minced meat and rice
You will need the fruits of sweet pepper with thin walls. What color is not important. However, the green pods after cooking are slightly bitter, so they are best left for salads.
- 8-10 large sweet peppers;
- 0.5 kg of pork or beef pulp;
- 110-120 grams of rice;
- 1 tomato;
- 1 head of garlic;
- season to taste with salt and spices.
- Make minced meat, season with salt, pepper, add rice (rinse it beforehand). Mix well.
- Pods gently cleaned of seeds. Cups must remain intact.
- Fill vegetables with minced meat and put in the form, after adding refined oil to the bottom. Pour in 350 ml of water and send to an oven heated to 200 degrees.
- After 30 minutes (in the middle of cooking), put a diced tomato, spices and salt to taste, a whole head of garlic. It is enough to remove the top husk from it, without disassembling.
ON A NOTE! When adding salt to the mince, consider that it should be about 2% by weight of the meat. If translated into grams, you will need 20 g per 1 kg of minced meat.
Stuffed Peppers with Cheese
Stuffed peppers with cheese are suitable for a low-calorie dinner or lunch. This recipe answers all indicators of modern dietetics.
- 8-10 peppers;
- 150 g red onions;
- 3 garlic cloves;
- 200 g of millet groats + 200 g of boiled chickpeas;
- 1 handful of pitted olives;
- 10 dried tomatoes;
- 80 g of spinach;
- 150 g of feta cheese;
- 15 ml of lemon juice;
- 1 pinch of lemon peel;
- 1 pinch of dried basil;
- 50 ml of olive oil;
- season to taste.
- Heat the oil in the pan, add the millet, previously washed. Roast while stirring for about 3 minutes. Remove the pan from the stove and leave for 5 minutes, then loosen with a fork.
- Cut the pods into rugs. Put on a baking sheet, sprinkle with oil, a little salt and send in a hot oven. Bake on each side for 3 minutes.
- Chop the onion finely. Heat the pan with oil and brown onions. Season with dried basil, add chickpeas, cook with stirring for 8 minutes. At the end of roasting put spinach, remove from the stove after 2 minutes.
- Shredded tomatoes chop pieces, olives - halves. Add tomatoes, zest, olives, juice, millet, half of the cheese (crumble) to the pan. To mix everything. Season if necessary.
- Stuff the pods, put the remaining cheese on top.
- Send to hot oven (200 degrees). Cook until cheese melts.
ON A NOTE! When all the ingredients of the filling are mixed, I advise you to leave it alone for 10-15 minutes, so the taste will be even more interesting.
Peppers Stuffed with Chicken with Mushroom Sauce
A completely different flavor gives the stuffed peppers a different sauce - mushroom. You can take any mushrooms, you will need about 300 grams.
- 12 pieces of bell pepper.
- 0.9 kg of chicken fillet;
- 100 g onions;
- to taste garlic;
- 5 sprigs of dill + parsley;
- 50 g of semolina;
- to taste paprika, black pepper, salt.
- 220 g fat sour cream;
- 10-15 g of flour;
- 75-80 g onions;
- 300 g of champignons;
- season to taste.
- Start with the sauce. Heat sour cream in a skillet, add flour, boil for 2-3 minutes. Fry the onion in a separate skillet, add finely chopped mushrooms. Fry until soft and send in sour cream sauce. Cook over low heat for 3 minutes. Season to taste.
- Prepare the stuffing. Fillet cut into slices, cook stuffing. Chop onion, garlic, greens with a blender, mix everything with meat, decoy and mix.
- Prepare the pepper (cut the tops, remove seeds). Stuff with minced meat.
- In the form of pour mushroom sauce. Top stuffed pods. Add boiling water if necessary (the liquid level should cover the peppers by a third).
- Put the form in a hot oven. Cooking time - 55 minutes (200 degrees).
ON A NOTE! Serve hot peppers with chicken, as a snack or as a main course.
Peppers with tomatoes in the oven
To make the sauce more spicy, I recommend adding chopped garlic cloves to it.
- 6 pods of Bulgarian pepper;
- 0.5 kg minced meat;
- 150 g cream cheese;
- 0.3 kg canned tomatoes;
- 2 sprigs of cherry;
- 80 g onions;
- garlic to taste;
- 5 leaves of lettuce;
- some fresh parsley;
- 100 g thick sour cream;
- 1 pinch of basil;
- to taste seasonings.
- Pods divided into halves, put on a baking sheet and put in a hot oven. It will be enough for 8 minutes.
- In a frying pan with hot oil, fry chopped onion and garlic.
- Put stuffing, fry. Add crushed tomatoes, season and simmer for about five minutes.
- Fill the halves with minced meat, sprinkle with grated cheese on top. Put in the oven for 10 minutes at 200 degrees.
To serve chop the greens, cut the cherry into quarters, lettuce - thin straws. Put the finished peppers on a dish, sprinkle with grated cheese, greens, lettuce, cherry slices, drizzle sour cream on top and immediately on the table.
Lenten pepper with vegetables
Variety of lean table can be stuffed peppers with vegetables. Cooking is similar to a dish with meat filling, but the stewing time is reduced to 30 minutes. Serve better chilled, sprinkled with chopped greens.
- 8 fruits of pepper;
- 120 g carrots;
- small celery root;
- 160 g onions;
- 200 grams of cabbage;
- 60 ml of refined oil;
- 200 ml of tomato juice;
- fresh greens;
- season to taste.
- Peel and chop the vegetables. Cabbage arbitrarily chopped.
- In refined oil, fry the prepared vegetables, season.
- From each pod to cut the top, cut partitions, remove the seeds.
- Immerse in boiling water for 1 minute. Discard the sieve.
- Fill the cooled fruit with a vegetable filling.
- Put in the form, pour the tomato juice. Bake for 20 minutes (200 degrees).
ON A NOTE! In the recipe, the filling consists only of vegetables, but if you want to make a more substantial version, add pearl barley or buckwheat.
When the vegetarian peppers are ready, put them on a deep dish, sprinkle with chopped greens.
- 8 pods of sweet pepper;
- 230 grams of rice;
- 150 g onions;
- 300 g fresh mushrooms;
- 60-70 ml of oil.
- Rinse the pods, cut off the top and remove the seeds. Dip in boiling water for 2 minutes, then lay out on a sieve (colander) and leave until the water is drained.
- For the filling, boil 230 g (1 cup) of rice. Rinse the mushrooms beforehand and send to boiling water for 5 minutes, then drain the water, rinse the mushrooms. Grind them and fry in refined oil. On a separate skillet, brown onions. Combine the finished rice with mushrooms, onions and season to taste.
- Pour some oil into the form. In her tightly put stuffed peppers. Pour in water, tomato puree and simmer in the oven for 40 minutes at 200 degrees.
ON A NOTE! It will be delicious if you serve pepper stuffed with mushrooms and rice, with soy sauce.
Choosing the right pods for the dish.
|Criterias of choice||Tips for choosing|
|Length||The pod should be smooth, without cracks, length about 9 cm.|
|Thickness||"Meaty" peppers will give sweetness, with thin walls - will add bitterness. The thicker the walls, the juicier and tastier the meal will turn out.|
|Colour||In the first place are red varieties, they contain antioxidants, lycopene. Yellow is also good, they are rich in carotene. Greens are less useful and unsuitable for stuffing. They have a grassy taste, and when cooked, they begin to taste bitter, turn dirty green (which does not cause appetite).|
Cooking stuffed peppers at home is easy and simple - you need to cut off the upper part together with the tail, remove partitions with seeds, rinse with water. As a filling, you can use vegetables, meat, mushrooms and cereals. Pods filled with minced meat should be tightly laid in a mold, pour over the sauce and stew. Cooking time depends on the ingredients of the recipe of the selected dish.