From time to time in each house sewer pipes become clogged. To make the system work, you need to clean it. Some invite plumbing, while others try to remove the blockage on their own.
Baking soda and vinegar
The method consists in the following:
- Pipe hole wipe.
- Pour inside 2 tbsp. l soda
- Top soda pour half a glass of vinegar.
- Quickly close the hole with a stopper, a rag.
- Wash off with hot water under pressure.
If after the procedure the water does not pass, repeat again.
Needs careful handling. When in contact, use a mask and gloves to avoid chemical burns. Caustic soda eliminates plaque, rust and other complex contamination.
The method of application is simple. Pour into a hole in the pipe, leave for a few hours, then rinse. Caustic soda is used for prophylactic purposes.
You can use salt with soda. In the hole fall asleep half a glass of soda and the same amount of salt. Top poured 1 liter of boiling water. Leave for 8 hours, then rinse with warm water. The method is used for prevention.
To clean the sewers, you can use a hangover pill - Alka-Seltzer. Throw two tablets into the clogged pipe, pour a glass of vinegar and after a couple of minutes, rinse it with warm water. Disappear even unpleasant sewage odor.
Helpful tip: To prevent sewer pipes from clogging, plumbers recommend from time to time to turn on the hot water tap for 5-10 minutes. Thus, grease and dirt will dissolve rather than stagnate.
Specialized household chemicals
Chemistry based on alkali removes blockages, rust. Method of application is similar to each other. Sold in the form of powder in bags, which pour into the sewer pipe. Then the alkali is left for some time. After the system is washed with water. Wear heavy rubber gloves when handling.
Granular chemicals for cleaning pipes are also intended for the prevention of blockages, fatty contaminants. 1-2 spoons of granules are poured into the hole and left for an hour. Then washed with water.
Popular chemical preparations in the form of a gel effectively remove pollution of any complexity. The most famous: Mr. Muskul, Santri-gel, Mole, Tireth, Domestos and others.
There are cases when even reliable chemistry does not eliminate the blockage, then a mechanical cleaning method is applied. It can be divided into 2 parts.
- Pour boiling water into the hole and act as a plunger. If necessary, repeat the procedure.
- Time-consuming method - punching cable. The disadvantage is that not every house has a cable of the desired length, so you have to call the master plumber.
Features of cleaning pipes from different materials
- Plastic. Plastic products have smooth walls, therefore alkaline agents are used against contamination. Acid preparations are suitable for removing foreign bodies that have fallen into the sewage system (small garbage, hair, etc.). They are not recommended to be mixed with each other. When plumbing work to protect and ventilate the room.
- Copper. Copper pipes are quality and durability. They can be cleaned by any means, without fear of the consequences. For copper, and suitable chemical method of exposure, and mechanical.
- Cast iron. Earlier, cast-iron pipes were installed in the houses. They are reliable, durable and many still use them. How to clean this sewer quickly and efficiently? Acid preparations or cable cleaning are acceptable.
Regardless of the material used to make the pipe, it is important to adhere to the following rules:
- Regularly carry out prevention of blockages. This concerns not only chemistry. It is necessary to periodically open the hot water tap in order to wash off the accumulated fat, which stagnates and attracts dirt.
- Correctly select methods and means to eliminate blockages.
- When working with household chemicals, observe precautions.
- If necessary, call a specialist.
If you are careful with plumbing, regularly carry out cleaning and avoid blockages, the equipment will last for a long time and will not cause trouble.