The oral and nasal cavities of a person provide the intake of all that is needed for life: water, drink, air and food. It is impossible to imagine human life without these processes.
What is the bronchi and tonsils cleaned from?
In response to the penetration of microorganisms and harmful substances into the respiratory tract, sputum and mucus are intensively produced in them. Their production to some extent is a defensive reaction, contributing to the removal of harmful factors from the body. However, excessive accumulation of mucous secretions in the respiratory system is accompanied by its stagnation, contributing to the proliferation of bacterial microflora in the respiratory tract, the occurrence of chronic inflammatory processes, allergic reactions, bronchospasm.
For this reason, there is a need to cleanse the tonsils, trachea and bronchi. Cleaning should be complex - from harmful microorganisms, microparticles, sputum, mucus and developing pathological processes.
The following symptoms indicate the need to cleanse the tonsils and bronchi:
- Frequent cough.
- Rattling in the airways.
- Changes in the number and properties of sputum (normal sputum is homogeneous, without color and smell, up to 100 ml per day).
- Frequent respiratory diseases (ARVI, bronchitis, laryngitis, etc.).
- Plaque or purulent foci on the tonsils.
- The presence of "respiratory" allergies, bronchospasm.
- Frequent pain and discomfort in the throat, soreness, discomfort.
- Attacks of shortness of breath or choking when coughing.
Preparation and precautions
Ways to clean the tonsils and bronchus are in both traditional and traditional medicine. Most of them are relatively safe, but it is advisable to consult a doctor before using them. Especially it concerns the use of drugs or physiotherapeutic procedures, since in these cases it is necessary to take into account side effects and contraindications.
Caution should be exercised even when using recipes and methods of traditional medicine - due to the risk of allergic reactions and other undesirable effects. In addition, we must not forget that even innocuous symptoms can be a sign of a serious illness, and this can only be learned after a medical examination.
If, despite this, the procedures and manipulations are carried out without medical consultation at home, then it is necessary to familiarize yourself with their testimony, contraindications and reviews of other people. This will allow you to be more prepared for all kinds of surprises that may arise in the course of treatment.
Effective folk remedies against sputum and mucus
There are many tools of traditional medicine that dilute phlegm and mucus and facilitate their removal from the respiratory tract. These are mainly various herbs and herbal preparations from which infusions, decoctions and teas are made.
- Elecampane - This plant has many healing properties, of which expectorant, antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and general strengthening effects are important for diseases of the respiratory system. Usually in folk medicine used a decoction of the roots and rhizomes of elecampane. Contraindications to the use are severe cardiovascular and renal diseases, severe hypotension, pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Mother and stepmother - infusions and decoctions of the leaves have anti-inflammatory, expectorant and disinfectant properties, and therefore are widely used in traditional medicine for diseases of the upper respiratory tract. Contraindications: individual intolerance, pregnancy, lactation, children under 2 years.
- Oregano - the herb of the plant has anti-inflammatory, expectorant, antiseptic and many other effects, therefore it is almost always included in the composition of the thoracic collections. You can not use oregano with individual intolerance, pregnancy, stomach ulcer.
Among other plants that contribute to the secretion of secretion from the respiratory tract, you can call melissa, chamomile, mint, licorice root - they are also often included in the composition for the treatment of respiratory diseases. Use medical fees in the form of infusions, decoctions or herbal tea.
Along with expectorant products, folk remedies that have bactericidal, anti-inflammatory, and softening effects help to cleanse the tonsils and bronchi from sputum and mucus. For these purposes, they widely use natural honey, milk, baking soda, propolis, rosehip, sea salt, carob syrup. Some of them are used not only for drinking, but also for rinsing the throat, wiping the lacunae of the tonsils and compresses.
Drugs for cleansing the bronchi and tonsils
Drugs that help clean the tonsils, bronchi and upper respiratory tract, belong to several groups:
- Antimicrobial: antibiotics, sulfonamides, antiseptics for the throat, etc. These drugs help cleanse the tonsils and bronchi from pathogenic microflora, destroying pathogens.
- Bronchodilators: expand the lumen of the bronchi and eliminate their spasm, facilitating the process of breathing and discharge of bronchial secretions.
- Expectorant: dilute sputum, increase its secretion and promote removal from the respiratory tract.
- Antihistamines: used in the presence of allergic processes associated with the respiratory system (bronchial asthma, bronchospastic syndrome, etc.).
- Other means: antifungal, enzyme, glucocorticoid, immunostimulants and some others. These drugs are used mainly in various procedures - washing the lacunae of the tonsils, bronchoscopic lavage, etc.
Properties of some popular drugs from the listed groups are given in the table below.
|Drug name||Pharmacological properties and features||Dosing and Administration||Side effects||Contraindications|
|Chlorophyllipt||Antiseptic lozenges used in oral and throat diseases. Suppresses pathogens and relieves discomfort in the throat.||For adults and children from 7 years old - dissolve 1 tablet 3-5 times a day in the mouth, 15-30 minutes after a meal. Dosage for children 2-7 years old - on ½-1 tablet 3 times a day. After taking the drug for 2 hours should refrain from eating and drinking.||Rarely - allergic reactions.||Individual intolerance to the components of the drug.|
|Azithromycin||Macrolide antibiotic produced in the form of capsules, tablets and syrups. It is effective in many infectious processes and pathologies, including inflammation of the tonsils and diseases of the respiratory system.||It is taken orally once a day. The daily dose for adults is 500 mg, for children - 125-250 mg, depending on age and body weight.||Gastrointestinal disorders, rarely - allergic reactions.||Individual intolerance. With caution - during pregnancy, lactation, severe pathologies of the liver and kidneys.|
|Euphyllin||It has bronchodilator, antispasmodic, diuretic effects. It is used in a number of respiratory, cardiovascular, cerebral and renal pathologies. Removing the spasms of the bronchi, facilitates the process of breathing and discharge of sputum from the respiratory tract.||For a course of treatment, it is usually used in the form of tablets, 0.05-0.2 g 3 times a day after meals. (Intravenous and intramuscular injections of aminophylline are used during attacks of bronchial or cardiac asthma, with cerebral edema and other acute conditions).||Lowering blood pressure, dizziness, tachycardia, headache, nausea, vomiting, rarely - seizures.||Severe cardiovascular disorders, hypotension, tachycardia. Not recommended in children under 14 years of age.|
|Acetylcysteine||Effective expectorant, available in various dosage forms: in the form of effervescent tablets, soluble powder, inhalation and injection solutions.||Allergic reactions: urticaria, pruritus, rash, rarely - bronchospasm.||The presence of an allergy to the drug, renal and hepatic failure, diseases of the adrenal glands, pulmonary hemorrhage, gastric ulcer or duodenal ulcer.|
|Ambroxol||Contributes to the dilution of bronchial secretions and increases its production. It also has anti-inflammatory and local anesthetic effects.||In rare cases, allergic reactions, nausea, headache.||Individual intolerance, peptic ulcer of the stomach or duodenum, history of convulsions, pregnancy, lactation.|
|Loratadine||Effective antihistamine, can be used for any allergic conditions, including bronchospastic syndrome, bronchial asthma, allergic inflammation of the tonsils (tonsillitis).||Rarely: general weakness, drowsiness, headache, changes in appetite, nausea, libido disorders.||Breastfeeding, children under 2 years.|
Physiotherapy and inhalation
A very effective method of influencing pathological processes in the bronchi and tonsils is the use of physiotherapy. This contributes to the elimination of inflammatory processes in the tissues, cleaning from all sorts of "traffic jams" and layers, resorption of scar-adhesive processes, normalization of the structure of cells and tissues.
The main physiotherapeutic procedures used to influence the bronchi and tonsils:
- microwave therapy;
- magnetic therapy;
Separately, mention should be made of inhalations, which are also referred to physiotherapy procedures, but they can also be used at home without special equipment. Although various types of inhalers can be purchased at the pharmacy, many prefer the old method - hot steam inhalations (for example, through a paper funnel, worn on the nose of the kettle).
For the treatment of bronchitis, laryngitis, tracheitis, tonsillitis and other diseases, inhalation formulations are widely used:
- Herbal decoctions - chamomile, St. John's wort, eucalyptus leaves, calendula and others;
- Salt solutions tea soda or sea salt;
- Essential oils - eucalyptus, cedar, pine, oil of thuja, etc.
Hot steam inhalations are contraindicated in the presence of active purulent processes. Inhalation of essential oils should not be done to people prone to allergic reactions.
Lacquering of tonsils and bronchial lavage
Effective cleansing is the washing of the lacunae of the tonsils and the bronchoscopic lavage (washing of the bronchi). At the same time, various types of drugs are used that significantly enhance the effect of the procedure.
Solutions for antiseptics, antibiotics, enzymes, antifungals, biologically active substances, etc. are used to flush the lacunae of the tonsils. Antibiotics, mucolytics, glucocorticoids, enzymes, and nitrofurans are more commonly used for bronchoscopic lavage.
REMEMBER! If washing the lacunae of the tonsils can be done at home, then bronchial lavage is a complicated procedure that can only be done in a specialized hospital.
Gymnastics and massage for cleansing the bronchi
Respiratory exercises and chest massage can also be used to normalize the functions and cleanse the bronchi. These methods stimulate blood circulation in the chest, restore drainage functions and improve sputum discharge.
A lot of breathing exercises have been developed - some of them are common, others are focused on the treatment of specific diseases.
Among the most popular exercises: breath holding, alternate series of breaths and exhalations through the nose and mouth, breathing movements in the "lotus position", inhale and exhale with dilution, raising and lowering hands, etc.
As for the massage of the chest, it is desirable that it is performed by a specialist. The procedure includes rubbing in circular motions, patting the chest in front and behind, point effects, massage in certain body positions.
Features of the purification of the bronchi and tonsils in children
Not all cleansing methods suitable for adults are applicable to young children. And the smaller the child's age, the more difficulties may arise in this regard.
Many therapeutic drugs are contraindicated in childhood. For example, mucolytics should not be prescribed to infants who do not know how to expectorate sputum. Many antibiotics, bronchodilators and other drugs are contraindicated in children because of the risk of side effects.
Physiotherapy for children should not be too intense. Monitoring the state of the child should be very careful. This is due to the large lability of the child’s body and a pronounced reaction to any effects.
Sometimes difficulties can be trivial. For example, the use of some traditional medicine in children can be difficult because of their bitter taste. The preferences of the child, his character, and whims should be taken into account. If necessary, some procedures (for example, breathing exercises) can be carried out in a game form. Finally, in no case should one physically and morally overstrain and overload the child.
Opinions and reviews of doctors
The attitude of doctors to the methods of home cleansing the tonsils and bronchi is ambiguous. It is known that many doctors are critical of any independent methods of cleansing the body, indicating the possible harm and side effects of procedures and drugs.
There are also such doctors who generally approve such techniques and even compose them themselves, but recommend first to undergo a consultation in a medical institution. This opinion is justified, since consulting with a doctor allows you to protect yourself from most surprises.
☞ Doctor I.S., pulmonologist:
“Cleansing is good, but self-treatment is bad. I believe that all such procedures should be coordinated with the doctor beforehand. Otherwise, you yourself are responsible for all the risks and possible consequences.”
☞ Doctor N. A., otorhinolaryngologist:
"Of course, there is nothing wrong with drinking, for example, milk with honey or broth for cleansing. Many of the recipes of traditional medicine can be used on their own. There are, of course, exceptions - for example, someone who has frequent allergic reactions or serious diseases. In this case, consultation with a doctor is necessary. And you should not take medication at all, even if the most harmless ones, without prescribing a specialist. "
Useful tips and prevention
To prevent pathologies and diseases of the tonsils or bronchi, you should follow certain rules and recommendations, in particular:
- Do not eat or drink cold. Cold factor is one of the main causes of such diseases.
- Take care of oral hygiene, regularly brush your teeth.
- Prompt for the rehabilitation and treatment of chronic foci of infection, the most frequent of which are carious teeth.
- Avoid bad habits, especially smoking, otherwise any effort can bring only temporary results.
- Comply with measures to prevent colds: bronchitis, pneumonia, influenza, ARVI, etc.
Some tips on drug treatment and medication:
- If you have a wet cough with sputum, do not take antitussive drugs. Suppression of the cough reflex interferes with the natural cleansing of the airways.
- When using expectorant drugs for prophylactic purposes, drink them no more than 4-5 days. Then stop taking it, allowing the body to cough and clear the secret of the airway.
- It is not recommended to prescribe expectorant drugs for infants, as they are still unable to cough up and expectorate sputum.
- The simultaneous appointment of expectorant and antitussive drugs is unacceptable.
With all the variety of methods of cleaning the tonsils and bronchi, it is often difficult to make the best choice in favor of a particular method. This is due to several reasons.
On the other hand, to make the right choice, you need to know the causes of certain pathological processes. Usually without medical assistance it is very difficult. Если же очищение делается с профилактической целью, тогда надо выбирать наиболее простые и безопасные методы.
Благодаря обилию информационных ресурсов всегда есть возможность узнать отзывы других людей об эффективности и безопасности различных способов. Studying the experience of others and mistakes allows you to avoid your own miscalculations, and therefore you should not neglect such an opportunity.