Cooking chicken only at first glance seems to be a simple matter. To make the dish tasty, satisfying and healthy, you need to know a few culinary tricks about cutting, processing and cooking methods of chicken. It is also important to carefully monitor the process of thermal action on the product, because it takes different time to cook a certain part of the carcass.
How to carve chicken before cooking
It is better to chop the carcass immediately before cooking, since the meat of adult poultry is rarely possible to cook evenly. The preparatory process consists of several steps:
- Thoroughly wash the bird, dry it and lay out the working surface with its back up.
- Make a cut along the ridge line so that the knife rests against the bones.
- Incise the carcass around the legs.
- Having reached the femur area, twist the legs, simultaneously cutting the meat at the attachment points. Additional cutting of the legs is done by dividing the thigh into hips and legs.
- Cut the chicken skin along with the meat on both sides of the brisket so that the knife reaches the thin bones. Cut them and separate them from the carcass.
- Wings cut off, capturing a small layer of the sternum. Cut the ends off the wings, but do not throw them away - they can be useful for boiling broth.
How much time to cook chicken
Usually in recipes it is advised to boil chicken meat until it is fully cooked, without specifying the exact cooking time. For a beginner, determining how many minutes to cook a chicken turns out to be quite a difficult task. So, different parts of the chicken carcass are cooked:
- 1 hour - whole chicken;
- 15-20 minutes - pitted fillet;
- It will take 30 minutes to skip the meat;
- 40 minutes - young broiler chicken;
- 3 hours is an old bird.
Depending on the size of the chicken, the indicated cooking time may vary. Also important is the condition of the meat before cooking - frozen or fresh. To correctly determine when a bird is ready, gently poke it with a fork. If the device easily pierces the carcass, and at the same time bright juices stand out, the meat can be safely eaten or used in further preparation.
How to boil the chicken in the pan
In the pan, you can quickly cook any part of the chicken carcass so that the meat turned out juicy and tasty. It is necessary to act step by step:
- Chicken clean, rinse under cold water.
- Put in a saucepan, add water, salt. Add salt at the rate of 1 tsp. on 1 liter of liquid.
- Put the pot on medium heat, bring to a boil.
- Remove the resulting foam. For taste, it is recommended to add fresh greens, garlic or spices to the chicken, even in cases when it is not cooked for soup.
- Cooking time in the pan - 30 minutes.
Well cooked chicken meat should be easy to move away from the bones.
How to cook juicy chicken fillet
Cooking boiled chicken fillet is a delicate process. If you miss the tender meat, it will become rubber. The traditional method of cooking fillets - in a saucepan for half an hour. You can also use a double boiler or a slow cooker. It will take more time to cook with these kitchen gadgets - up to 40 minutes, but you will not have to make any effort.
The fillet portion contains little fat, so often when cooked it loses juiciness. To keep the meat dry, it is important to follow these tips:
- If meat is used frozen, after defrosting, it is recommended to wait another 1-2 hours at room temperature.
- Dip the meat in boiling salted water.
- Let the liquid boil again and turn off the heat.
- Under tightly closed lid, leave for 20 minutes.
- Remove the fillet from the pan, remove excess water and use as directed.
Properly cooked fillet is suitable for preparing hearty salads, appetizers and as a main dish to the table.
How to cook chicken meat for broth in the soup
Chicken broth in the classic recipe is cooked from homemade chicken. Such broth prepares longer, but it is much healthier and tastier than from the purchased product.
To prepare a homemade chicken soup, follow the instructions:
- Chicken process, remove feathers and fluff. Rinse in running water, dip with paper towel.
- Place in a saucepan, pour cold water over so that the liquid covers the carcass 2 cm, and immediately add the prepared onion and carrot.
- As the liquid boils, a film is formed on the surface, which must be carefully “caught” to make the broth light and transparent. Salt, add spices and herbs.
- Bring the water to a boil with the lid closed.
- After 60 minutes, check the readiness by poking it with a sharp cutlery. If the chicken inside is pink, boil the meat for another 30 minutes, reducing the heat.
- White color indicates readiness. You can turn off the stove. Bowl of soup to throw out, cover the saucepan with a lid.
As soon as the rich broth has cooled, you can serve.
Using Kitchen Cooking Gadgets
With the help of modern kitchen devices it is possible to create real culinary masterpieces, almost without making efforts in the cooking process. Chicken meat cooked in a slow cooker, double boiler or even a microwave is very tasty and juicy.
|Cooking method||Cooking time||Step by Step Cooking Process|
|Boiled chicken in a slow cooker||90 minutes|
|Boiled chicken meat in a double boiler||30 minutes|
|"Quick" cooked chicken in the microwave||20 minutes|
Recipes delicious homemade dishes with boiled chicken
The most famous poultry dish is chicken broth. Delicious rich soup quickly satisfies hunger and even treats for colds. You can diversify the usual recipe by adding finely chopped vegetables, fragrant greens and noodles for thickness.
Boiled chicken meat is also ideal for baking - puff envelopes with delicate chicken, potato and onion stuffing will surely delight guests and loved ones. A magnificent chicken broth with chicken, mushrooms and rice, cooked according to a traditional recipe, will be the main decoration of the festive table.
Boiled chicken can be safely consumed with a dietary diet, while not denying yourself a variety of dishes. Baked chicken ciabatta in Italian style is a real pleasure of taste without harm to the figure.
Chicken Noodle and Vegetable Soup
- chicken fillet - 300 g;
- noodles - 150 g;
- carrots - 1 pc .;
- onion - 1 pc .;
- bay leaf - 2 pcs .;
- clear water - 2.5 l;
- salt - 1.5 tsp.
- Rinse chicken fillet with cold water and place in a saucepan on the stove. When the liquid boils, remove the formed foam with a slotted spoon or a spoon and reduce the heat. Boil for half an hour, periodically checking the readiness for a fork.
- While the chicken is boiling, prepare other ingredients for the soup. Peel carrots and grate medium sized chips. Onions remove the husks and cut into small squares.
- Put the vegetables on a pre-heated pan, salt, add to the total weight of the broth and simmer all together for 15 minutes under the lid until the carrots are soft.
- Remove the finished fillet from the pan and divide it into fibers, then put it back until the broth is boiling again.
- Add stewed vegetables to the soup along with noodles. Cook for 20 minutes.
- A couple of minutes before the readiness to put bay leaves, you can add spices for flavor and taste. Decorate with fresh greens.
Puff envelopes stuffed with chicken and potatoes
- puff pastry sheets;
- boiled chicken fillet - 300 g;
- boiled potatoes - 2 pcs .;
- onion - 1 pc .;
- salt, spices and seasonings - to taste.
- Layer puff pastry roll out with a rolling pin. Divide into small squares.
- Finely chop the chicken fillet and potatoes, salt and add spices. Mix thoroughly in a smooth mass.
- Put the stuffing in the center of the squares, wrap the corners and fix the sides, pinching the seams with your fingers. Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper or greased.
- Smear the surface of the envelopes with egg yolk to form a ruddy crust.
- Put in the oven preheated to 200 ° C, bake for 20 minutes.
Magnificent Kornik with boiled chicken, rice and mushrooms
- flour - 2 cups;
- margarine - 200 g;
- sour cream - 200 g;
- baking powder - 1 tsp;
- yolk - 2 pcs .;
- sugar - 1 tsp;
- salt - a pinch.
- boiled chicken - 600 g;
- rice - 1 cup;
- champignons - 200 g;
- onion - 2 heads;
- hard-boiled eggs - 4 pcs .;
- sour cream - 100 g;
- vegetable oil - to lubricate the frying surface.
- Cooking dough. Margarine grind in small chips. Add to flour and mix well. Add baking powder, sugar and salt. Stir again. Pour sour cream with yolks, knead with quick movements, then roll the mass into a ball. Put the dough in the fridge for 40 minutes.
- Cooking stuffing. Fry finely chopped onions in a frying pan until it becomes transparent. In a separate skillet fry champignons. Boil rice, following the instructions on the package. Eggs cut into small cubes. Finely chop the chicken. Mix the ingredients together, pour the sour cream and mix again.
- Cut the dough into 2 halves, one of which should be slightly larger.
- Roll out the smaller part into a 0.5 cm thick circle and cover it with the bottom of the pan. Edge lift.
- Spread the filling in layers - first rice, then chicken pulp with egg, and then mushrooms.
- Cover the kurnik with the second half of the rolled dough and fasten the edges with your fingers.
- Make a small hole on the top of the pie so that the steam comes out freely.
- Bake in a preheated oven to 180 ° C for an hour, until golden brown.
Dietary ciabatta with boiled chicken in the oven
- boiled chicken breast - 600 g;
- ciabatta bread (on sourdough) - 4 slices;
- any hard cheese - 300 g;
- 10 cherry tomatoes;
- pesto sauce - 4 tsp;
- salt, spices, herbs - to taste.
- Breast roll in spices, sprinkle with herbs and salt. Wrap with foil.
- Bake in the oven at 180 ° C for 30 minutes.
- Dry bread on a skillet without oil. Each side is kept for 1 minute. To make the slices attractive, you can use a grilled frying pan.
- Cheese rubbed with large chips.
- Cut the tomatoes into neat circles.
- Sliced ciabatta with pesto sauce.
- Cut chicken, put on bread.
- Top with tomato sandwiches, cover with cheese chips.
- Place in the oven for 5 minutes, follow until the cheese melts.
Hostess on the note
Following simple cooking tips will help cook delicious chicken and make rich transparent broth:
- It is possible to distinguish rooster meat from a young chicken by the size and color of its neck. The bluish shade of a thin cervix says that the meat is cock. The chicken neck is thick and has a white color.
- Meat of well-fed chicken should not be rinsed with hot water, so as not to spoil the taste.
- Delicious boiled chicken is obtained by seasoning the meat with salt and spices separately from the broth. Dry ingredients are added to the liquid at the end of cooking.
- To the broth is not dimmed and not salted, it is important to avoid strong boiling water during cooking.
- You can achieve a perfect light broth by marinating chicken bones in salted water 1.5 hours before cooking. And already cooked with salted bones strain the broth.
- The broth turns out to be more nourishing if you cook it from small chicken pieces and crushed bones.
- It is not recommended to add liquid during the cooking process, it is better to pour the entire volume of water into the pan immediately.
- Reheating the broth is recommended over low heat with the lid ajar, not boiling. So he does not dim.
- It is not recommended to use frozen poultry meat for boiling, since it does not preserve useful substances. Chicken is better to take chilled.
How to make tender meat out of hard chicken
The meat of a country bird after cooking often becomes too hard. In order to avoid this, it is necessary to pickle it in kefir with lemon juice for 6 hours before the heat treatment process. When the chicken is infused in the fridge, you can safely boil it in one of the attractive ways. Boiled meat in marinade will keep soft.
You can turn a tough chicken into a tender and juicy delicacy with the help of a multicooker. Stew for 3 hours chicken meat can be further fried in a dry frying pan until a light golden crust is formed, so that the chicken crunches outside, but remains soft inside.
The benefits and harm of boiled chicken
Doctors and nutritionists unanimously argue that the inclusion in the diet of boiled chicken meat brings health benefits. Eat boiled chicken can be almost unlimited. The main thing is to monitor the quality and freshness of the product.
About the benefits
Chicken meat contains a large amount of animal protein, necessary for good health and maintaining good muscle shape. Being a low-calorie dish, boiled chicken is included in the menu of many diets. Do not be afraid to use even the chicken skin of the wings, because there is little fat on it.
Chicken meat contains the whole complex of useful minerals and substances:
- B vitamins (B2, AT6, AT12), A, E.
Chicken broth is an excellent preventive measure in the fight against colds and flu infections. Older people are especially shown to use boiled chicken meat, which is able to prevent diabetes, peptic ulcer and stroke, as well as help in the treatment of heart disease.
The largest number of beneficial trace elements is found in the tender meat of young chickens. Glutamine in it contributes to the improvement of the brain and has a beneficial effect on the nervous system as a whole.
Can chicken meat harm health?
Although boiled chicken meat is good for the body, it is still necessary to be careful with store products. Purchased chicken loses in many respects home because of the high risk of containing antibiotics and hormones in it, which can be eliminated by carefully processing it before cooking. If you can’t buy real farm chicken, boil the broth should be approached especially scrupulously - bringing the liquid to a boil, it should be drained, and re-cook the broth.
Low calorie boiled poultry meat allows you to use it even on a strict diet. Chicken is easily absorbed by the body, without causing discomfort in the stomach. Boiled chicken contains large amounts of protein with a minimum amount of fat, so many athletes include it in their diet. Chicken is also rich in other nutrients, vitamins, minerals and trace elements necessary to maintain good health.