How to make pilaf so that it becomes an ornament of the table, and not the usual rice porridge with meat? It's simple! You need to know the subtleties of cooking, which for centuries practiced by Oriental craftsmen.
Classic crumbly beef pilaf in a pan
- beef - 0.6 kg;
- 1 onion;
- rice - 0.45 kg;
- 1 carrot;
- salt to taste;
- oil - 110 ml;
- garlic - a couple of cloves.
- Peel and wash the vegetables. Cut onions in the form of half rings, carrots - straws.
- Cut the meat into slices of the desired size.
- Pour oil into a heated pan. Wait for the heat. Pour onion and fry until golden.
- Spread the meat and continue roasting until browning.
- Cover carrots, continue to fry. Salt, pour spices. Pour in hot water, wait for boiling, leave to stew for about half an hour.
- Put the rice in the pan, add water 2 cm above the rice.
- Let it boil and simmer on low heat.
- When the liquid evaporates, make holes in the rice, put garlic.
- Check the readiness and complete evaporation of the liquid. Leave to reach condition under a closed lid.
Traditional beef pilaf in a pan
Perfect pilaf is obtained in a cauldron, but it does not matter if it is not there. Cooking is also allowed in a saucepan. The only condition is that the pan should be with a thick (double) bottom. As a rule, stainless steel.
- meat - 0.6 kg;
- one carrot is average;
- rice - 0.45 kg;
- 1 onion;
- garlic - a couple of cloves;
- oil - 110-120 ml;
- Peel and wash the vegetables. Cut carrots in the form of a long straw. Onion - half rings.
- Peel the meat from the film and cut into pieces, 2x2. Finely chopped meat is not very juicy.
- Wash the rice several times. Parboiled variety does not need rinsing.
- Pour oil into a saucepan, heat and pour onions. Fry until golden brown.
- Add chopped meat. When reddened, pour carrots. Salt and pour the necessary spices.
- When everything is fried, pour a few glasses of hot water and simmer for about half an hour.
- Pour the washed rice. If necessary, add fluid. The water level should be 2 cm above the rice.
- After boiling leave to simmer over low heat until the liquid boils away completely.
- Collect pilaf as a slide, make holes, place pieces of garlic in them. To cover with a lid.
- Check the complete evaporation of the liquid at the bottom of the pan and the readiness of the rice. After shutdown, let it brew.
Delicious pilaf in a cauldron
Cook the pilaf in a traditional oriental pot - a cauldron, it is unforgettably tasty.
- beef - 0.55 kg;
- carrots - medium;
- rice - 0.45 kg;
- barberry - a teaspoon;
- one onion is large;
- zira - on the tip of a spoon;
- turmeric - 0.3 tsp;
- vegetable oil - 140 ml;
- garlic a couple of cloves;
- Wash and clean the vegetables. Cut the carrots into strips and onions into half rings.
- Beef cut not very small pieces to stay juicy.
- Heat the cauldron with oil well on fire. Fry the onions until golden.
- Add meat and fry until golden brown.
- Pour out carrots, spices and fry for about 15 minutes.
- Pour hot water, simmer for about half an hour. Beef should be soft.
- Wash rice. Opaque grains soak several times in water.
- Add to cauldron. If necessary, add hot fluid. The water level should be 2 cm above the rice. The contents of the cauldron does not mix.
- Cover, after boiling leave to languish until the liquid completely disappears.
- When the water is gone, make holes in the rice and put garlic pieces in them.
- Check with a spoon if all the liquid has evaporated, try for readiness. Turn off, leave to cool under a closed lid.
How to cook pilaf from beef in a slow cooker
Pilaf in the slow cooker will save time and manpower of the hostess. Bowl volume - 5 liters.
- meat - 0.44 kg;
- carrots - 1 pc .;
- rice - 0.3 kg;
- onions - 1 pc .;
- oil - 80 ml;
- Peel and chop the vegetables. Carrots in the form of straws, onions - half rings.
- The meat is cut to size walnut.
- Enable the slow cooker on the "Fry" mode. Pour the oil.
- After heating, start frying onions. Then put the beef and fry until rosy.
- Fry the carrots. Salt, add spices.
- Put on the meat washed rice.
- Pour hot liquid to a level 2 cm above the rice.
- Put the chives.
- Close, enable the "Pilaf" mode.
- After the end of the regime, let it brew for about 30 minutes without opening the lid.
- Oriental craftsmen advise: when the liquid evaporates, collect pilaf in a slide, make holes and put garlic pieces in them.
- If steamed rice is used, it does not need to be soaked.
Do not be afraid to cook pilaf. If he does not turn out the way he wanted for the first time, there is no need to be upset. All comes with experience. We try, we perfect the skill.